cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WCMO
Senior Advisor

Re: making mask mandates federal

There were actually a few very sound studies last year that essentially showed no net positive impact from wearing masks, in general -- they didn't remain published for very long (if at all), because they didn't fit the "correct" narrative.  Again, haven't looked recently (and don't intend to now), but seems like one of those actual sound studies was in Florida, one in Norway or Denmark or somewhere, and the other I was thinking of was a US study based on macro-data from hospitals.  

Masks have been over-debated.  Fauci probably said it correctly the first time out of the gate (masks not useful in most situations unless properly wearing a fitted N95 mask, or better) -- everything since has been influenced by the narrative they wanted to project, and unfortunately, most of that projection was fear.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Just Know that?

r3020
Senior Advisor

I'll not be preached to about science by some one too stupid to know the difference between a boy and a girl.

bruce MN
Advisor

We keep running into or hearing from folks who say they just might stay masked in gathering situations after COVID, if and when there is an “after”.

Say they haven’t ever gone a year without a serious cold or case of the flu before in their lifetime and sort of appreciate it.

Would most definitely would have been the case in this household. 

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Although getting a cold or the flu might not be an altogether bad thing. And that is 100% speculation which I hope nobody seized upon to run with.

There is pretty complete confoundment in the scientific community as to why some countries have been hit so, very, very much harder.

One possible explanation is that they’ve already been hit with something that conveys a bit of cross immunity.

Why would Brazil be getting crushed when Nigeria is relatively untouched? Etc.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Both countries have similar climates. Both universally use the TB vaccine, so that looks iffy.

Don’t know.

Probably defaulting to one of my innate prejudices. On the matter of why my city cousins were always having medical crises that gave my Grandmother a reason to run off and run things, my Dad always said we have immunity. And besides, we don’t have corporate healthcare so we can’t afford to be sick.

bruce MN
Advisor

Didn’t mean to impress that we might do that. We won’t. As my wife says, the thing she misses most is sharing smiles with people.

i have memories of people trying to raise SPF hogs with neighbors all around who had hogs.  Lots of good money sent after bad.

No idea who here has any background that might help make this make any sense, but COVID keeps reminding me of PRRS.