cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samnospam
Advisor

Re: medical mary jane - no gun for you

Some on some off, his forum is good news aggregation site.
Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

What what?  You don't know what I'm talking about?

Samnospam
Advisor

No, implying I'm not in favor of States rights with regards to this issue seems incongruous to me so perhaps you could explain.
r3020
Senior Advisor

@Samnospam wrote:
Did you see this. In a state with legal pot and you use including medicinal, if on your 4473 you say you don't use illegal drugs you've committed a felony, if you say you do, no gun. http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=216807

Wonder if this law applies to congress or the president? Obama might have to cough up his skeet gun.

Samnospam
Advisor

That's a good point. He has admitted to being a user. I don't remember if the form says have you ever or are you currently.
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Actually the use of any mind altering drug ought to be a disqualifier

Whether legal or not  a mind altering drug tells us that you may use a firearm under the influence and you may not always be lucid when you pull the trigger.

Samnospam
Advisor

Re: Actually the use of any mind altering drug ought to be a disqualifier

So if you drink an occassional glass of wine you shouldn't be allowed to own a car, cause you might use that too?
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Actually the use of any mind altering drug ought to be a disqualifier

@kraft-t wrote:

Whether legal or not  a mind altering drug tells us that you may use a firearm under the influence and you may not always be lucid when you pull the trigger.

The same applies to casting a ballot.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Then I will.  You said that if you were smoking LEGAL medicinal pot and statedthat you had not smoked ILLEGAL drugs, you committed a felony.  How can it be a felony, if it is legal?  State's rights, remember?  I'm really glad you said you weren't in favor of state's rights when it comes to pot.  That is how you and others operate all the time.  You are only in favor of anything when it goes with your likes and beliefs.