cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Re: medical mary jane - no gun for you

I think what he means, is that MJ is considered a 'controlled' substance by the BATF (read the link he provided, it has the info straight from the BATF). 

So, if you mark 'no' in the box, that you are a user of a 'controlled substance', (even with a prescription in a State where it is legal) you lied on the BATF form, which is a felony.

If you mark 'yes' in that you are a user of the controlled substance, they can deny yhe purchase.

Samnospam
Advisor

OK I understand the confusion. The felony would not be using the pot it would be saying you weren't an illegal drug user when you filled out the atf form. Legal in the state but still an illegal drug in federal eyes.
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Actually the use of any mind altering drug ought to be a disqualifier

You aren't likely to murder someone with a ballot.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

How is that different than an occassional smoke of weed?

Samnospam
Advisor

Just applying your rule to the largest section of the public possible.
Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

However, most of these bright fellows always are talking about state's rights.  How do states like virtually the entire west coast have LEGAL pot usage and the feds don't do anything about it.  Since, when you buy a gun (in every state I have ever bought one) the STATE police are called to verify your worthiness.  AND if the state says it is legal to use these drugs for medicine then it would be normal to presume that you weren't lieing.  I know.  It's probably a stretch but then most things are onthis forum.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

You aren't likely to murder someone with a ballot.

Guess that would depend if the guy on the ballot has a kill list and the means to enforce it.

Samnospam
Advisor

On the linked page is a PDF of the atf letter.  

I'm not sure if you recall but the feds have busted state legal med mj outlets.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Maybe the Federal government has siezed too much power.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Where?  BTW, Does the "BHO" in your little signature stand for Obama?  If so, where and where did he say that?