cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samnospam
Advisor

Re: taxation is not theft. It's the law.

Nope, sorry Don but you're wrong.  In no absolute moral sense are a minority bound to conform to any whim of the majority.  Else you'd have the Jews pay for the ovens.     

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

The nice thing about freedom is that you are free to leave. In no way should the minority prevail in legislative decisions. That is what we have now with the filibuster in the senate. I suppose that is working well for you. For US not so good.

Samnospam
Advisor

Actually you're no free to leave.  Renouncing citizenship in the USA is among the most draconian in the world.

Samnospam
Advisor

Re: moral virture question

Let's revisit this a moment 3020.  Suppose you're theft help deprive an enemy of advantage over you.  Surely you'd agree that stealing a train load of gold destined to aide Nazi Germany would be a moral act.   

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Samnospam wrote:

Let's revisit this a moment 3020.  Suppose you're theft help deprive an enemy of advantage over you.  Surely you'd agree that stealing a train load of gold destined to aide Nazi Germany would be a moral act.   

Yes, I agree. That is why I say it is the moral and civic duty of every American to deprive the federal government of every dollar they can. The government is capable of taking anything they wish from us and pass the laws that make it "legal".

I also maintain this is why the progressives are waging war on religion, this government could not do to the people what they are doing within a moral society. The only time they support religion is when they can throw it in your face and scream HYPOCRITE!!.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

We don't like you using your religion as a premise for writing legislation. Your religion is your religion not ours. Why should we want to deal with your vision of what is right. Then you want to spread your message and you want to use our schools our public arenas as your church. And last but not least you want us to grant you tax free status and a tax subsidy from nonbelievers to support the advancement opf your religion.

I'd say we have a legitiment right to complain.

It would be like my church believing in turning the other cheek and you believing in capital punishment or foreign wars of aggression with my church want to make both illegal. And then asking you to help pay for it.