cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

multiple definitions for liberals

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2014/06/national_review_laverne_co...

QUOTE:

The assumption that there are only two sexes is wrong. Sex, like gender, is a construct—and it varies.

7 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: multiple definitions for liberals

How does all that sit with your religion?
Senior Contributor

I'm sort of a Christian and I can judge actions but not whether or not somebody will get to Heaven.  How can I condemn one sin and ignore all the others.  I consider all people, including myself sinners.  

My life long fundamental belief has been good creates and evil destroys.  Based on that credo I only have to ask the obvious question, does one lifestyle improve society (create good) or does it harm to society (do evil)?  

Are we confusing wants with needs?  Are we confusing mental problems with biological ones?  

Only time will tell for certain. 

Advisor

here I thought sexual reproduction in humans was settled to require a female and a male. I feel so foolish.
Senior Advisor

Good question! When you are engaged in your daily  discussion with God the father, ask him if he would prefer that you love your gay neighbor or if you should hate him.

From the outside looking in, I can see no advantage to you attacking such people verbally or not. How does that help you if people treat other people with disgust? What possible could be gained by that other than words of approval from the yeehaw gang.

Applauding a cake baker for refusing to bake a cake for anyone?  Does that exhibit anything more than a discruiminatory intent? Why is that better for you or humanity. Did jesus deny bread and fishes to the gays within his midst? Is that what jesus would do?

Senior Contributor

You nailed him again krafty. Good one.

Veteran Advisor

You are too black and white. I'm very afraid that it is NOT that simple. Things not "good" or "evil". There are many more choices!
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

Good question! When you are engaged in your daily  discussion with God the father, ask him if he would prefer that you love your gay neighbor or if you should hate him.

From the outside looking in, I can see no advantage to you attacking such people verbally or not. How does that help you if people treat other people with disgust? What possible could be gained by that other than words of approval from the yeehaw gang.

Applauding a cake baker for refusing to bake a cake for anyone?  Does that exhibit anything more than a discruiminatory intent? Why is that better for you or humanity. Did jesus deny bread and fishes to the gays within his midst? Is that what jesus would do?

Refusal to support a lifestyle is not hatred. I will not help someone to engage in in a lifestyle I do not agree with. Nor will I try to stop them. They can do as they please as long as they leave me out of it.