cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

neoliberal grift

Thinking about the thread regarding the elimination of USPS from competition if the delivery business, where Red said "buy Fed Ex and UPS stock."

Like internet and cell service (which are now somewhat essential services) where we pay more than in other countries because of regulatory capture and anti-competitive practices, or pharma- the biggest grift of all- I'm in a more or less reasonable position to live with getting shafted daily.

Just a feature of how the system moves money upwards- "yeah, but look at my 401K."

The majority of Americans are not able to carry those burdens easily. As I've said, you guys need to get your brown shirts on and get out working the bread lines to make sure those folks blame the right people.

Although I'm not hopeful for you. I don't think that millennials are amused by the second big setback in their young lives. Actually for many this is a lot bigger hit to their ultimate trajectories than the early one.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: neoliberal grift

Or as I said many years ago at a Farm Bureau convention in regards to a call for programs for young farmers.

"Why not just quit subsidizing old farmers?"

Highlighted
Advisor

Like the old guy I knew  said years ago, and I hadn’t  thought much about it but remember him well...”they are  getting it figgered out how to price everything for the people who can afford it”.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

As per the pointlessness of trying to have serious discussions about anything here- but farm policy in particular.

Warren and other D's had some policy proposals about breaking up some of the ag oligopolies.

Yawns. Let's get back to Our Grievances.

Over at Marketing yesterday I was discussing Newt the Terrible's statements comparing Grandpa Ranty with TR.

I said sure, except for volunteering for service and serving with distinction, breaking up monopolies, birthing environmental consciousness and the regulatory state. And really, starting us down the Imperial road toward the present Deep State. But other than that.

What a bilious dip####.