cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

no point in betting anyone

since the market offers a perfect way to lay off your bet.

But I'll bet the market that at the end of this year the broad averages will be sitting at a nil to negative return for this year and a fairly modest one for the entirety of the Trump term.

The tax cuts, deregulation and GOP Keynesianism will have netted relatively little and the prospects for severe deterioration as we head into an extreme period of policy discontinuity will be high.

If you believe otherwise, by all means you should go all in on the long side.

It will be a perfect reflection of the short term nihilism of the ruling class. Companies will have been cannibalized and fraudulized in the search of someone making a killing and the long term sacrificed.

And, of course, True Believers, will not have been wrong- they will be The Wronged. Or so they'll need to be told in order for the looters to get away with it.

4 Replies
Advisor

Re: no point in betting anyone

Apparently one of Kav’s key target topics is the CFPB.

Senior Contributor

(no point in betting anyone since the market offers a perfect way to lay off your bet. 

But I'll bet the market that at the end of this year the broad averages will be sitting at a nil to negative return for this year and a fairly modest one for the entirety of the Trump term.)

I'm surprised it has lasted this long and I, unlike you, have no idea of where the markets are going.

It appears the Fed. thinks it is currently strong as they continue to raise rates.

My Waddell & Reed rep. predicts at least 2 more years of strong markets & economy (of course he wants more investments).

My 3 W & R MF's have returned 16%+ so far this year, are you saying it's time to move them to a less risky investment?

The rest of your post was just diatribe.

Senior Contributor

Are you willing to bet the farm? Or is the farm not worth betting?

Senior Advisor

Going all in on anything is just plain stupid.