cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ollie2655
Senior Contributor

obalmo costs america an ally

due to his inherited stupidity cananda now says it will sell its oil to asia because america wont build a pipeline to carry it ----you dont get much out of the projects and obalmo proves it almost daily---of course this move will cost america billions but what does he care about america--most muslims dont

55 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

somebody else will have to answer

becasue this dipshlit won't, but how does it "cost us billions" by going on the competitive world market?  Or was ollie you expecting our business freindly government to suddenly take on a new approach and confiscate it like a bunch of  19th century Turks or recent Central American dictators would?

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: somebody else will have to answer

I don`t know how much opportunity value has just be pissed away by the Obama administration, but if Canada builds a Chinese pipeline straight to the PNW, I have no doubt that it has cost us "billion$".   What makes absolutely no sense Bruce is we send our children to the ME to die in protecting the oil the we are addicted to. And here is Canada, a very good friend of ours, right next door that can provide oil that doesn`t end up in the hands of those that want to kill us.   And we are saying "No Thanks"??  Makes no sense unless Obama is purposely trying to destroy this country.   

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Canada wants to sell it's product on the world market. Putting a pipe line to the gulf will only expidite that. It will be no more our oil than any other oil. You are asking states in the [path of the pipeleine to assume the risk of poluting their environment or ground water supply with no prospects of profiting in any way.

Remeber Bush and Cheney and their energy plan that excluded petroleum companies from liability for polluting ground water supply. Asak the people in kansas or Pennsylvania how they like their well water polluted with natural gas. With nobody taking responsibility for it.

GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

I really don't have strong feelings either way with regards to the pipeline.  Some of the oil would have ended up in the U.S. but the majority more than likely would have been exported into the Asian market.  There would have been a lot of jobs, but they would have been very temporary jobs.  What really boggles my mind is the fact that we Americans are very stubborn and in some cases very ignorant.  Natural gas is taking out decade lows.  When one compares natural gas price equivalent to gasoline, natural gas is roughly 50 cents a gallon while gasoline is well over 3 bucks.  85-90 percent of natural gas used in the U.S, comes directly from the U.S.  Honda is about the only auto company that truelly makes a natural gas vehicle for anything other than fleet use.  They also own a big chunk in an at home natural gas compressor for at home filling.  Natural gas is considerably cleaner burning and comes from here at home, yet we Americans are dead set on our addiction to oil.   

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

BA, look at a topical map, and tell me how you propose to build a pipeline to the west? They want to take it to the shortest distance, and if the Americans are stupid enough to let them all the better. I wouldn't want to take a chance on polluting my country with that mish-mash of toxic crap either. Just sent it down to America, they've got laws that protect companies from any liability of contamination. I haven't heard one word about compensation, has anyone else? What's in it for the US?

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey Don, Jan Mikleson interviewed a expert in the Keystone this morning, he said ALL the states have signed off on it, Obama has to okay the oil coming in from Canada or it`s a no go. And we all now see what side of the fence Obama lies.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Geez, BA. You know the definition of an expert? Ex is an unknown, and pert is a drip. I wouldn't believe anything Keystone says. IT'S AN OIL COMPANY! They LIE! The definition of an expert? An unknown drip!

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

GTO, did you know that now, as we speak there are already 25,000 miles of petroleum pipeline over the Ogallala aquafier??   What`s one more pipeline??  What makes THIS one different??  Oh yeah, Obama is against it and his presidency hangs in the balance. Look, guys Canadian oil coming in is a win-win, we can charge rent for using the pipeline.  If China can bring a ship into the Gulf take it though the Panama Canal and go what? 5-6,000 miles back home ...we would surely have a great deal when it`s right in our backyard.  The way it sounds a Chinese pipeline can be built to the Pacific, it`s sure got the Canadian tree huggers having fits....money talks.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re use your head

does the shortage of a product raise or lower the price---if you cant figure it out ask a 3rd grader