cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Re: somebody else will have to answer

PS ...BA you didn't respond to who is profiting from this venture???    

hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Re: obalmo costs america an ally

Here we go agian with the political BS,     Tell me does the union have any control on what quality of material the co's usees

r3020
Senior Advisor

@hobbyfarm2145365 wrote:

Here we go agian with the political BS,     Tell me does the union have any control on what quality of material the co's usees

Material built under the union label.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey Hobby, the oil companies will profit, but that is good because the gas that you paid 20¢ for in 1964 is cheaper today, if you have two `64 silver dimes you can buy MORE than 1 gallon of gas today http://www.coinflation.com/coins/1946-1964-Silver-Roosevelt-Dime-Value.html  See 2 `64 dimes are worth over $4, if I didn`t like you I wouldn`t be trying to straighten you out, Hobby. The oil companies are bringing us a bargain with gas prices today, I know it`s fun to bash oil companies but they are doing yeoman`s work in this environment of regulation and inflation.  Those oil pipeline and oil worker jobs are well paying many times better than the Wally-World shelve stockers and "you want fries with that Big Mac?" type jobs.  Welding pipelines is highly skilled, I humbly say that I was the best welder in high school and two pipeline companies tried to recruit me after recomendations from the Ag teacher.  As I recall it was a sweet offer, they said "Not everyone can weld in the cold and we like you Iowa farm boys".  Hobby, Obama didn`t say a darn thing about the quality of pipeline or that Keystone 1 leaked too much.  Bottomline, with this type administration they are out to prove the Peak Oilers right if they have to break this country doing it. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

You are right BA, it is not about safety or spills, it is about FORCING us to support the likes of solyndra.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

Do you actually think, the US can compete with China? Have you forgotten the amount of money, Dubya borrowed from them to finance his wars? We can buy ME oil cheaper.

And if we don't have to buy from the Middle East anymore, just think how much we can save, not getting the military involved in conflicts that are none of our business. 

If there would be some way to ensure that the US gets first chance at this oil, and let China go to Iran for theirs, I'd be 100% for this pipeline.  Let the Chinese put their citizens at risk defending those he** holes, and we can trade with Canada, even if we have to pay just a bit more.

I just haven't gotten a straight answer from anywhere, where the oil is going, which is why I am still kind of on the fence, so to speak.  I have heard everything from the US refineries will get all the oil they can handle, and only the 'extra' gets exported, to it all gets exported, and everything in between, often from seemingly reliable sources.  Personally, I think it will follow the money, wherever it may be.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Good point, papa. What it shows is how tied to the oil company's the Republicans are. Don't give a rat'sass, as long as it doesn't impact them, just step back and b!tch! It's also about making it something political, to use against the President. If they can make the American electorate think he's against jobs and saving them money on gas, go for it! Just one big glob of sh!t on the wall. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

The oil companies provide 1,000s upon 1,000s of high paying union jobs plus finances their health care and retirement.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Here's some discussion about the capacity of the refineries. After reading it I remember when Wyden was complaining about the oil company's closing down some of the refineries, and what the real reason was, increasing the price! What the crux of the problem was, was when a refinierie is shut down, it deterioates very quickly and can be ruined, and put out of commission permantely.

Now if you read this article you should be able to understand, it's impossible for the US to handle any more crude from Keystone, that is why it's going to China.

Ya', a China army in the Middle East, sounds like a real good idea!

http://factcheck.org/2008/05/us-oil-refining-capability/

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Thanks for the info, it is something to think about. 

Maybe, if the refinery capacity is the limiting factor, they should consider the possibility of one in the midwest, and refine it BEFORE it hits the Ogalalla Aquafer, and provide fuel for the midwest area.  It can then be railed in any direction needed, and not have the concers with ground water they do now.