cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ollie2655
Senior Contributor

obalmo is destroying the national parks

under the obalmo reign the nat park system is decaying at a faster rate than ever before --he would much rather waste money o his self than help millons of americans --just ask park officials --hope the libs dont hide on this one --but being spineless i bet they will run

31 Replies
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

Re: obalmo is destroying the national parks

Is this something you have observed, heard, read or are you just shooting off your mouth. Something has to give when we are broke. I'd like to say the roads are falling apart under Obama. I observe that on every day. Is it Obama's fault???
ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: we hike a lot

seen up close also have friends who work for the park service --say it is in the worst shape in history --must be due to oablmo after all fe takes credit for everything doesnt he --oops frogot not anything bad --just les his way out --next question

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

You are right for once

The National Park system is being starved and has been being starved for a long time by several administrations. Don't forget that there are also National Monuments and National Historic Sites, National Historic Parks and many other designations including battlefields under the National Park's administration.

That said, you have professed selling National Parks out to the highest bidder in a previous opinion. Why the change of mind? I thought cut and starve the beast was the way to deal with government in your opinion.

"you are surely right private money could run parks much better than gov people." - LP Man (07/18/11)

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

The biggest problem the parks are having right now is the repub caused sequester.  Maintenance and jobs are being furloughed for now even though the parks generate billions of revenue for both the surrounding area and the park system.  He tried to shoot off his mouth not long ago but missed and blew his brain out.  That in itself was a minor miracle that he hit it since it is so small!

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

LOL !!!

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Re: You are right for once

The NP annual budget has been cut 1/13th of 1% or $600 million and has a budget of just short of $3Billion.  I think there probably are things that could be cut.  Not sure if Rangers are one of the things but...

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Snook are right for more than once

Actually, I should have looked into this more before passing judgement (unlike some folks). I have had a lifelong career in parks, though not Federal. I have about 30 years experience in my career. Because of the nature of this cutthorat website, I won't say more, but apparently Obama has not been an enemy of National Parks.

This website has statistics: http://www.doi.gov/budget/appropriations/2013/highlights/upload/BH071.pdf

Basically, I love all parks from county to National. They promote health, well being, families, cultural heritage and hold the natural and historic fabric of our land. Apparently, most presidents have held support barring a few in the recent decades.

Thank you for the correction. Ollie is just fishing for disgust as usual.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: private money ALWAYS does better

wanna compare usps and ups or any business --gov people are the worst non workers in the world

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: just proving obalmo as a failure

as always the truth hurts