as always your stupidity shines -herecomderealjudge

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Re: Snook are right for more than once

Yes, and he is VERY successful at it!

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Re: private money ALWAYS does better

Compare all you want. If parks made money, Walmart would have them. They don't make profit. They cost us all. The only other option is to close them all and sell off the land for private use. That's what you want, right? The Toyota Yellowstone Park? $125.00 for entry, $35 for Old Faithful, $25 for the other basins? An additional $35 for hiking trails. I hope you never live to see your dream. I'd rather pay a couple of bucks tax to see it continue as is.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: parks could make big money

the problem is they use gov people to run them the laziest lot anywhere --the gov is scared to let the parks private due to the stigma it would put on them---there are private parks whio make good money and always have --but again they have regular people running them

man of steel
Senior Contributor

@KNAPPer wrote:

Compare all you want. If parks made money, Walmart would have them. They don't make profit. They cost us all. The only other option is to close them all and sell off the land for private use. That's what you want, right? The Toyota Yellowstone Park? $125.00 for entry, $35 for Old Faithful, $25 for the other basins? An additional $35 for hiking trails. I hope you never live to see your dream. I'd rather pay a couple of bucks tax to see it continue as is.

Yes! We get that. You don't want users funding it. You want someone else to pay for it. How about the rich? They need to fund everything for you!

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Obviously, you don't think visiting Toyota Yellowstone Park would cost you more than visiting the same place right now.  There would even be a sign at the gate--no shirt, no shoes, no entrance and we reserve the right to refuse entrance to anyone we don't like.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Re: so you are saying ??

That's right.  A repub house and the president can't do nothin'!  The only point you have ever had is the top of your head!

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

If I were like you MOS, I would feel shame. I am proud of our nation's unspoiled lands, towering mountains, ancient Indian pueblos, unobstructed streams, wildlife and more natural heritage than I could write about here in several hours just to make a list. Then there is the cultural heritage from our nation's Revolutionary war sites, to founding father's homes to Civil War battlefields and again more than I could write about in several hours. This is AMERICA and it is our heritage, all of us - even people who may wish that they didn't have to fork out a few of bucks a year so that it can be available to everyone.

Some parks have a fee incentive program, but it doesn't pay for all the operations. It helps and it goes back to the park.

The rich don't fund Park Service facilities. We all do. I pay my share and the parks are there for me whenever I want. Same for Bill Gates as me and my neighbor on welfare.

Most countries in the world envy our National Parks and are working hard to make their own,. We get visitors from around the world, quite literally. Why people want to flush them down the toilet to save them a few bucks is beyond belief and reason. It is a shame not to love the heritage of your own country enough to feel that public funds have good uses.

These lands are jewels and make our country great. Privitization = Capitalization and it will not work and we would lose our heritage in short order.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Re: parks could make big money

How would that work at Hovenweep National Monument? You tell me. You are the lazy one, not the park staff.