cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: one of bruces favorite shows

R. D. I. L or S after it  hard, for sure. Impossible? Most certainly. The die was cast. The horse was in the next county.

We can discuss and agree and disagree forever, but this disaster.... the one that was evident to some (of us, respectfully) but craftfully veiled as "just a little something', a "glitch" was on the burner long, long before Obama. Long before GWB.

Obama's doomed and obviously failed legacy won't be about him not having grabbing Tim and Summers and Romer by the ear lobes and dragging them over to Congress and "fixing" things (have you seen the pail calves over at the marketing page pleading for their Mommy or somebody to "Fix it!"). 

Highlighted
Advisor

Crippled in the same fashion. And the last good AG, possibly the only non-corrupt one of our lifetimes don, we had done and  got himslef shot in a hotel kitchen..

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

I watched it over a few times and am well aware of everything that is in it, including the fact that Suskind says what you say. And FWIW that could be seen as to the President's credit. For as little, obviously, as it took.

Implementation would have been impossible and would have created a nuke reaction in Congress, the banking and business community and with the ill-informed and naive public that for all practical purposes had no real reason, as it went from day to day, to know what was going on or understand what they would even be talking about as the resolution, break up and prosecution etc went forward. Under Obama, Hillary or McCain for that matter. The conditions on the ground were as they were as of the middle of Sept,  2 months before the election and 5 months before the inauguration. Bush and that same Congress did the TARP thing which more or less voided any possiblityof anything counter to it implemented in 2009 even being considered.

I wish he could have pulled it off. Impressed that he had at least one advisor or a handful maybe who advised him to do so, or at least counseld him on the notion that Geithner could be toxic. But to think he could have broken down a busted system and then designed and developed a new working one by executive order or (pun intended) fiat isdisingenious at best.

You seem to be taking the apologist role...saying that he did, indeed, "tell his staff". The staff has no power. That lies in Congress. Congress would have barred the doors if they knew he was coming over from Pa. Ave. with the proposal that is being discussed here.

There are libertarians...and progressives...in Congress and in the rest of public sphere who surely would have tried harder. But we don't elect them to anything as big as President. A few slip into Congress from remote places. Some others get jobs, and then are made irrelevant.

The huge lesson that is there for all to see  can be found in the now legendary saga of  Brooksley Borne and her superiors at the Treaury Dept and their carnal relationship with the Fed and the major banks early on in the Clinton Administration. Throw that on top of 30 years of reckless supply side economic policy  and grossly tilted trade policies and agreements and it all become clearer. A proper fix in the spring or 2009 was a non-starter.  Tom Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt, Winson Churchill, Ghandi or Jesus Christ couldn't have corraled a horse this far out of the barn. Only thing left to determine was the date and time of reckoning, and we've very likely reached it.

Well, what would anyone expect from a "community organizer" that was raised in a communist believing environment, that never held a real job, that was so naive about how to govern????

Do you think that it is time to just pull the plug and start over?  If so, how to do it?

Ballot box or cartridge box?

I do agree, I think the $#!T has, without a doubt, hit the Fan.

Highlighted
Advisor

I'm sure you'll be staying home on voting day then, if nothing can be accomplished.
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Stohler

Obama, lie in public, oh he'd never do that.   Hardly something I'd build a story around, but its possible he was in wall streets bag from the start.  Neither angle is particularly flattering.

Highlighted
Advisor

or cartridge box?

Guys in black suv's will visit you over those types of comments.  You've probably already got an assigned bunk in a fema camp somewhere don't give them a reason to check you in early.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@Samnospam wrote:

or cartridge box?

Guys in black suv's will visit you over those types of comments.  You've probably already got an assigned bunk in a fema camp somewhere don't give them a reason to check you in early.

I wonder if George Washington, Nathan Hale, Patrick Henry, and the rest,  worried all of the time about what the British thought about their talk of revolution?

Patriots, who love liberty more than life, no matter when in time they are born and live, must be willing to stand for what they believe in..... or spend the rest of their miserable lives crawling on their knees.

(That scene from Braveheart where he addresses the Scots army before the Battle of Stirling, comes to mind ..... "FREEDOM ! ! ! ! ")

Highlighted
Advisor

Oh and did you see Bruce that Obama is going to use executive order to let states opt-out of no child left behind standards. Obviously doesn't mind end running congress.
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Are you really suggesting that assassination could be the answer to your problems?????????