cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

one of those posts for which I'll never get a left wing answer

America has some 90 million people out of work.  America has almost 50 million people getting food stamps.  American graduates from college are finding it difficult to get tech jobs.   Americans are being forced to train foreign workers that will replace them.  Elderly are working at jobs that used to be for teenagers. Jobs that allowed teens to learn about holding a job.  Illegals are working in many places that are decent places to work and used to pay a "living" wage but now have cut wages because they can get cheap illegal workers.  America has been attacked by foreign born people and by people who obviously have been influenced by a political party masquerading as a religion.

With all these things happening why would we want more people to enter our country?  Especially from an area rampant with terrorism and war.  What rational person would think that this was a good idea?  And maybe there is the answer.

23 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: one of those posts for which I'll never get a left wing answer

First you need to discover the meaning of refugee. One offers refuge to other people because it defines you as a human being. Not because it benefits you or because it is good for business. "Give us your tired and weak yearning to be free" A hundred thousand new citizens will work and earn and consume and become new members of our society.

Our current economic situation is caused primarily by business that really never was serious about trickle down. Once they get it they want to keep it and you folks are working for those folks and giving them favorable tax rates that is not producing the job creation and trickle down you promised. The promise you made to promote your favorable tax rates for investors and business.

Do you understand now?

Senior Contributor

George Snotalopalouse was on my tv this morning saying people were having a hard saving any money because they just don't have any extra.   ??????   WTF?  How could that be with this vibrant Obama economy?

Advisor

The Labor Force Participation Rate is an important question but when you begin your rant with "90 million Americans out of work" a rational person goes "click."

Senior Contributor

waste.jpg

Senior Contributor

well hardnox, one thing that is irrefutable is 47 million people getting food stamps.  That's a fair number that must not have employment in real terms.

Senior Contributor

It might mean they are underpaid. right?

Advisor

Millions upon millions of those 47 million working.  Some multiple jobs.

Senior Contributor

Duh! !  Too many workers, not enough jobs. 

Veteran Advisor

Yes, there are 23 million households on foodstamps because they don't make enough money to survive.  That 90 million people out of work includes retirees, young kids, disabled people and those who have quit looking for work. Foodstamps alsogotoa lotof active duty military.  If your reps in Congress would quit sending them to war and then cutting benefits maybe that group could get off of the stamps.  The average household gets $257/month.  Yet you begrudge them that!  Y'all are just full of Christian compassion these days!