cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Senior Contributor

?? plus Pawlenty in 2012

Our MN governor Pawlenty seems to be well positioned for a 2012 national run with someone else as the anti-Obama. Pawlenty is coming out on the "right" side of some very important national issues, as well as have the horse sense to answer to the minor issues that seem to derail so many aspiring politicians. He is right on with his statement about how New York City is a big place, and the Muslims can certainly find a different place for their mosque, prayer center, or wtf they want to call their propaganda site. Granted this is a small issue, but one that really strikes a nerve with a good chunk of America.

Pawlenty gave a great interview to a hostile Esquire host during the last 12 months, and I am hard pressed to find anyone else on the scene with his quick wit and political smarts. The knock I would have against him is that he is not really seasoned enough to my liking, but having said that, the man is way out of Obama's league.

If Pawlenty can team up with a military veteran , I think they would form a formidable ticket, and would create some hope for the quiet americans that are suffering through this communist administration. I hope to see Whoopi Goldberg get arrested for going on national TV the next time shouting out "Communists! Communists! We are all Communists!!" I guess this was in support for Mr. Obama, coming a day or so after he went on the program and showed what an embarrassment he is . It really must have struck many of our older veterans wrong, the men that fought so hard for the USA to remain a free country.

I doubt that Mr. Pawlenty is so self absorbed that he would go on for quite some time about how he could not attend the Clinton wedding, and then finally have to admit that he wasn't even invited. What a joke!

As for Newt Ginrich, I wish he would just disappear and take his hippocritical bs along with him. And he can take Sarah Palin with him, too.

12 Replies
BA Deere
Senior Contributor

Re: ?? plus Pawlenty in 2012

Welcome back Red. Whoever the Republicans put up in 2012 that can fog a mirror, WILL WIN. So we gotta do this right, it`ll have to be someone who`ll hit the ground feet running and at least show some improvements in the FIRST year. He or she will need a cooperative Congress, in other words the fewer Democrats the BETTER! I think Pawlenty is definitely on the short list of qualified candidates. What do you think about Steve Forbes? He`s not a rock star, but probably one of the most intelligent fellows to run for President. He`ll be 65 or 66 in 2012, perhaps Vice-Prez? 

Don`t forget to take out the trash November 2nd!!!!!  Smiley Happy

Red Steele
Senior Contributor

Hi BAD, I guess you are much more optimistic than I am. With nearly half of Americans now working for the government in one way or another, I am not so sure that the Democrats will be thrown out. Throw in the welfare recipients, and those with specific axes to grind, ie gays, illegals relatives, and you have an uphill battle. Also when you take in account social security recipients, farm welfare, corporate welfare, financial institutional welfare,......well you get my drift. A majority of Americans now feel entitled to a government check, so if the republican platform is one of trimming government, I don't see anything as a crap shoot. Far from it.

BA Deere
Senior Contributor

A bunch of those piggys at the trough are going to run out of slop by 2012 and those of us producers will go to the polls in droves. 2012 is the last call, the nat debt will be $18 trillion, real unemployment`s new norm will be 20%. Our Founding Fathers are weeping at what has been squandered in just 232 years. If a person really doesn`t think we can take our country back...... I hear Urugay is nice.

Samnospam
Advisor

Tell me how Pawlenty is different, in idea's, from the rest of the crowd?

idalivered
Advisor

Really seriously, wasn't it rumored that the

bush family has purchased large acreage in uruguay? maybe that is what you were refrring to?

bruce MN
Veteran Advisor

If Forbes runs again, which would be intriquing and gather quite a bit of support, it would be as a 3rd party candidate. The wingers have fractured the GOP to where only wingers get to play and he's not one. Even Mike Huckabee is to centrist for the populists that have control over the power in the GOP. Case in point, Cal Emmer in ordrinarilly sensible conservative Minnesota.

bruce MN
Veteran Advisor

Won;t go there, as he isn't, but will relay that in over 50 years of watching politics in Minnesota, he's the most perfect political animal I've ever seen. An incredible schmoozer and campaigner.

bruce MN
Veteran Advisor

Colse..Paraquay.

Red Steele
Senior Contributor

Calling Tim Pawlenty the most political creature you have seen in over 50 years is a pretty incredible statement, after having watched the American people elect, Clinton, Clinton, Bush , Bush, and Obama.  We have had some pretty good campaigners on the national scene for most of my adult life.

What you see as pure politics, through the tint of your glasses, others see as thoughtfulness, common courtesy, and intelligence.

I would guess that you would personally choose to have the Pawlenty's as next door neighbors before just about any other career poltician you could mention.

My guess is that if McCain had simply selected Pawlenty as his running mate, the focus right now in America would be on how the republicans cannot govern since they would have won the last Presidential election, and would be trying to fight against a Democratically controlled congress. And the cynical side of me thinks that the RNC wanted McCain to lose to Obama, which is a pretty awful thought...that party insiders actually wanted to give the keys of the car to a card carrying communist. I think this is much worse than when Reagan gave the Medal of Freedom to Frank Sinatra.