cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Senior Contributor

Re: ?? plus Pawlenty in 2012

an old rumour was that Bush Sr. purchased about 100,000 acres in Paraquay, which is a neighboring country. Also the rumor was that this was to prepare for a military takeover of the country and its natural resources. I imagine this has about as much truth to it as the rumor that Hillary Clinton shot her old lover, Vince Foster.

bruce MN
Veteran Advisor

Please read again:

"..in over 50 years of watching politics in Minnesota.."

Red Steele
Senior Contributor

I would edit your statement to say that Mr. Pawlenty is very smooth, and would also agree that he possibly is the smoothest politician that our fine state has produced.

Of course I am biased, having actually sent the state senator a check when he originally launched his quest to oust Jesse Ventura , and bring some sense of decorum and dignity back to our state government. I think I still have the emails I exchanged with Mr. Pawlenty offering my plain advice on what he needed to do to become governor. I did get invited to his inaugural ball that fall, but did not attend as I am really not that political of an "animal". But I do appreciate someone that can hold his ground without being profane or petty, and someone that has conservative credentials and that grew up in a union family where he had to defend his own views.

Not to say that the kid is innocent. I think the $100,000 consulting fee he pocketed was a pretty obvious campaign donation from the business that gave it, and an attempt to circumvent the rules, not very different than the $100,000 bribe that Hillary Clinton pocketed on behalf of Bill Clinton, from the Tyson Foods Business. But Pawlenty weathered that minor scandel well, and I would support a national ticket that includes him.

and in Response to Sam's query...maybe he doesn't bring anything new in ideas to the national stage, but he does bring civility and intelligence and that is refreshing in itself.