Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Contributor

Re: You Might Have a Valid Point....

@bruce MN wrote:

SNIP:

For as long as I can remember, I have heard conservatives blaming everything that is wrong in the universe, from violent crime to declining test scores to teen pregnancy to rude children to declining patriotism to probably athlete's foot  . . . upon Dr. Spock, Hollywood liberals, the abolition of prayer in school, Bill Clinton, the "liberal 1960s," the teaching of evolution — in other words, upon symbols, rhetoric, cultural norms, and the values expressed by political and media leaders. Yet from the moment when someone gets a gun in their hands, apparently, society ceases to have any influence whatsoever on the outcome and individual responsibility takes hold 100%. Something is driving the tripling of death threats against congressmen (and the concomitant rise in threats against Federal judges and other villains of the right, from Forest Service rangers to climate scientists) and it isn't the sunspot cycle.

http://budiansky.blogspot.com/2011/01/not-us-cont.html

The left doesn't want to take away all free speech, just conservative free speech. The way the left wins a debate is by shutting up their opposition. The way a conservatives wins a debate is by letting to opposition talk. That is why the left hates Fox, but why conservatives love MSNBC.

schnurrbart
Frequent Contributor

Re: poll, should free speech be curtailed

I think everyone should have the freedom to speak any thing they wish.  However, as I have said many times before, the 1st amendment does not give you the right to be heard nor listened to and it doesn't protect you from getting your fat butt kicked!

schnurrbart
Frequent Contributor

Re: You Might Have a Valid Point....

I'm sure that is why dubya made everyone attending his election rallies sign a loyalty oath to get in.