cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

public policy set by the mob

If city councils, and state governments decide to vote on removing statues and monuments then so be it, this allowing the mob to tear down anything they like is not the way civilized society behaves.   

 

6 Replies
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: public policy set by the mob

Human rights is the weakness of Democracy.  The needs of the 51%, outweigh the needs of the other 49%.

It’s where democracy fails - when those that have the majority of the votes, use it to suppress and intimidate those in the minority.  

At some point, a watershed event happens.  That event was two weeks ago, with the police killing of Floyd, as he called for his mama.  

This was not a black only event.   Many of the protests had as many white, as black participants.   The tide is turning - the “Republican Way of being Trump Smart”, is turning into the minority it always was.

America is going to prove it to you - and you guys are scared as hell.....

Jen

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: public policy set by the mob

God you're a d u m b a s s

We don't live in a democracy.  Our constitution is designed to protect the minority.  Flawed in application as it may sometimes have been.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Re: public policy set by the mob

Sam, better not try to tell her why those three million fake votes didn't give Mrs. Clinton the brass ring. God knows what a worthless endeavor it is with the nucker.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Re: public policy set by the mob

NR Column on the coming white backlash to the riots....there will be a reaction, just won't be burning and looting.

 https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/the-backlash-is-coming/

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: public policy set by the mob


@rsbs wrote:

NR Column on the coming white backlash to the riots....there will be a reaction, just won't be burning and looting.

 https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/the-backlash-is-coming/


I've never had so many call from irritated friends as I have lately.   The most common complaint is the hypocritical, blatantly biased and one sided application of law.  A country with two sets of laws can not endure.

That and they want to discuss moving to the country as they are fed up.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Re: public policy set by the mob

what I am seeing here in outstate MN is an almost universal feeling that supporting major league sports is over. Maybe the Vikings and Wolves can recover but I think that is in serious jeopardy with the antics of their stars and the whole BLM rioting. And who really cares about any of that anymore?

Outstaters may not have the voting machine to fight and win against the professional ballot harvestors but I see a very reluctant rural populace to try to squeeze for tax dollars to rebuild anything in  the metro area.  They broke it...they can live in the mess.

It may not come to civil war per se, but the battle lines of a conflict are getting clearer each day. It happened in a lot of rural churches years ago when the synods went all liberal...the locals quit sending money to the higher ups. Something like that is brewing in public taxation.