cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: put me in charge

To some extent, don't we already have something like this with the Veterans Affairs medical facilities? 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: So does that mean......

No, it means that this is an ultra conservative site and they won't let a liberal ignore one of you guys.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: dont you get tired..

of ignoring the truth --but then you are an obamoite---have fun surebutt

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Re:how childish you are

My sister in law is a nurse, and she is constantly fighting freeloaders, and people on Medicaid (she calls them gold-card people, because they drive up in a nicer car than she owns, wearing nicer clothes than she has, yakking on a nicer cell phone than she owns, and then whips out the government card to pay for it all).

Anyway, there are a few recurring characters who come in complaining of migranes that won't go away, the people are druggies just hoping to get a sympathetic Dr to give them a narcotic to 'cure' the migrane.  They find one often enough that they keep coming back.  The nurses decided to sort of take matters in their own hands a bit with these recurring characters.  The one they call 'big Red' commented that the shots are starting to make her 'sore' afterwards...could it be that they have worked their way up to a 16 ga needle, just for her????

It ain't much, but it's about all they can do.

Veteran Advisor

Re: put me in charge

A friend just sent me this in an e-mail.  Simple, and probably would work:

Subject: End the Deficit in 5 minutes.

We could end the deficit in five minutes. You just pass a law that
says that anytime there is a deficit of more than three percent of
GDP all sitting members of congress are ineligible for reelection.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

That is correct. You never said that. I did. You also never said how such ratbag policies would unfold on the rest of society. You also never said where you got that little bit of information from because as sure as hell it was not an original thought of yours. Some one spoon fed you that. But then again, it might be me being childish. Ain't this fun.
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Oh, yeah, I'm sure that everyone using Medicaid is really wealthy and just trying to beat the system.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

My sister in law is a nurse, and she is constantly fighting freeloaders, and people on Medicaid (she calls them gold-card people, because they drive up in a nicer car than she owns, wearing nicer clothes than she has, yakking on a nicer cell phone than she owns, and then whips out the government card to pay for it all).

Sounds like a classic case of jealousy and class envy. You or she didn't say how old these "gold card" people are, if they are seniors, what's her problem?

She should be a little judicious about who she brags about using different size needles, sounds like a law suit in the making, which could lead her to being one of the "gold card" people?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Well, the ones she is complaing about are in their 20s to 40s, many of whom actually brag about never having a job, and who seem really good at working the system.  Most of them show up starting 5:05, because the Hospital can turn away non-emergency cases to the private clinics, so they wait until just after the clinics close, and show up en masse, wanting narcotics, and occasionally a Dr. is dumb enough to prescribe them some. 

Yup, gotta be class envy.

In a way, I am envious.  I never owned a viechle as late-model as 'Big Red' drives, nor do I have a smartphone like she does, and she does it all without a job, and on drugs, all on someone else's dime.  I could never do that.