cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

"But if not"

In these trying times we need to remember those 3 words.  `But if not` sustained Daniel and Shedrach, Meshach and Abendnego when thrown into a firey furnace for not worshipping a pagan god.  Those 3 words of "God can save us BUT IF NOT we will not bow to the nazis" brought Britain to it`s knees in prayer.  For a reason not fully known, the axis forces did not attack and a miracle of 338,000 British soliders were rescued, known as "The Miracle of Dunkirk".

http://robertbsloan.com/2013/03/11/but-if-not-the-miracle-of-dunkirk/  

3 Replies
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: "But if not"

Thanks for sharing that. The Dunkirk story , and how the Brits rallied to save their men is one for the ages.

One of the officers from the Titanic that had shamefully left the ship and lived on one of the lifeboats, was part of that epic mission to save the Brittish troops. Decades later, he had his own boat and volunteered to ferry as many times as he could, and my memory of reading about it was that he went back and forth several times, and saved scores of men. I imagine that he welcomed the chance at personal redemption, and that in itself is a very Christian story.

God's forgniveness is there for all ....all it takes is to ask Him.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

That was the Pastor`s sermon today and it was nice to rehear it again.  I think the Bible has many lessons that we`ll need in order to weather the next few years.  Smiley Happy

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Like you will be praying to god to get you through the Obama administration? You paranoid Jesus junkies need to have a reality check very soon.