Did you mean: 
Advisor

"I Believe Most People are Good"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v69mBuKyGk

To quote Hemingway "Isn't it pretty to think so?"

14 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: "I Believe Most People are Good"

This election has caused me to question if people are good.

The election was the most anti Christian election in our time.  The hatred displayed  by people that I thought were reasonable, hard working Christians  amazed me.  In addition their ignorance compounded their hatred.

Nobody that I could speak with had a cogent reason for hating Donald Trump, especially those who had a less than perfect life.

I am in a quandary as to how to move forward with people I thought were friends.  These people apparently put into power an organization that is based in the same political beliefs that we've spent thousands of lives fighting and trillions of dollars.  An organization that wants to rewrite American history, that wants to confiscate private property, that wants to destroy the American economy, that wants to segregate the population.

How can you be friends with people that hate what you love?  How can you be friends with people that are so ignorant as to look at the freedom and the prosperity that we've enjoyed and then support an organization that is anathema to all of that?

Advisor

I’d fall back on close family if that were happening to me.

I believe you discussed that earlier.

Senior Contributor

@Kurt#1 wrote:

This election has caused me to question if people are good.

The election was the most anti Christian election in our time.  The hatred displayed  by people that I thought were reasonable, hard working Christians  amazed me.  In addition their ignorance compounded their hatred.

Nobody that I could speak with had a cogent reason for hating Donald Trump, especially those who had a less than perfect life.

I am in a quandary as to how to move forward with people I thought were friends.  These people apparently put into power an organization that is based in the same political beliefs that we've spent thousands of lives fighting and trillions of dollars.  An organization that wants to rewrite American history, that wants to confiscate private property, that wants to destroy the American economy, that wants to segregate the population.

How can you be friends with people that hate what you love?  How can you be friends with people that are so ignorant as to look at the freedom and the prosperity that we've enjoyed and then support an organization that is anathema to all of that?

Failure of our education system and peoples own intellectual laziness.    For instance, the latest mantra is that people have a right to health care.   It's nice to think, how could anyone be so mean as to think a person shouldn't have access to health care?  Right?

But think about it carefully.   Saying you have a right to health care means you have a right to force others to work for you.  To do your bidding.   It means that your rights require action from others.

This is not the concept of rights that our country was founded on.

Advisor

“the right to force other people took for you”

Huh?

That was a primary factor in the formation of the country and is deeply woven into virtually all of it’s early documents.

Advisor

Re: “the right to force other people took for you”

Great post Kurt......sad to think that a post like that is now an outlier and the Howard Zinn acolytes like the twin doofuses that post here would be first to condemn that thought process.

I believe that breaking the USA up, just like the USSR broke up, is probably the proper answer.

Like minded fools, or thoughtful social justice warriors (take your pick of adjectives, depending which side of the divide you are on) should be able to move to areas that echo their views, and hopefully we don't have an Abraham Lincoln wishing death on them this time.

I would love to see my own beloved Minnesota become East Dakota. The  corridor of the state from Duluth to MSP, down to Rochester could become their own ultra liberal state, and the rest of the state could go with our natural leanings and see which side prospers. I would suspect their would be an exodus of the millionaires in Ramsey and Hennepin counties the likes of what we are witnessing in the outgo from California to places like Texas and Florida, due to high taxes.

Let people vote with their feet....that is the most honest form of poll and election you can ever find.

Senior Contributor

@rsbs wrote:

Great post Kurt......sad to think that a post like that is now an outlier and the Howard Zinn acolytes like the twin doofuses that post here would be first to condemn that thought process.

I believe that breaking the USA up, just like the USSR broke up, is probably the proper answer.

Like minded fools, or thoughtful social justice warriors (take your pick of adjectives, depending which side of the divide you are on) should be able to move to areas that echo their views, and hopefully we don't have an Abraham Lincoln wishing death on them this time.

I would love to see my own beloved Minnesota become East Dakota. The  corridor of the state from Duluth to MSP, down to Rochester could become their own ultra liberal state, and the rest of the state could go with our natural leanings and see which side prospers. I would suspect their would be an exodus of the millionaires in Ramsey and Hennepin counties the likes of what we are witnessing in the outgo from California to places like Texas and Florida, due to high taxes.

Let people vote with their feet....that is the most honest form of poll and election you can ever find.

mason dixon line redux ??    Free to vote with your feet at anytime though... nothing saying you can't.

Advisor

I don't have to move, pal.....90 percent of MN echos my views, and the election results of the counties show that.

If democrats breed themselves into majority status, its time to cut them loose in their enclaves, and let them show us how they prosper without us Republicans holding them back.

Or do you prefer bloodshed again?

Senior Contributor

@rsbs wrote:

I don't have to move, pal.....90 percent of MN echos my views, and the election results of the counties show that.

If democrats breed themselves into majority status, its time to cut them loose in their enclaves, and let them show us how they prosper without us Republicans holding them back.

Or do you prefer bloodshed again?

you talked the talk...... said what you said. Last I saw 90% did not echo in the great state of MN.

OH, I get it , land......   Land can't vote last I checked , people do. 

What is it with you guys and safe spaces ?  

Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

Huh?

That was a primary factor in the formation of the country and is deeply woven into virtually all of it’s early documents.

A flaw in application does not equal a flaw in design.  The founders, like Jefferson knew this flaw.