Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: “the right to force other people took for you”

Blood and soil.

Advisor

RJ, lets make it a simple illustration...you have a wife , $3 million dollars that you worked hard for and three lovely kids.....you plan on leaving each of them a million bucks and starting them out the right way.

Your neighbor spends all of his money, goes to Spain, France, Brazil...is basically penniless but has sired a dozen kids.

Do you want him to be able to vote on how you leave your loot and?/or how to  spend your money?

If you do, you are an outlier.

Your neighbor, on the other hand, would love to vote you out of your earnings and with unfettered democracy will do so.

Hope this helps.

Simple human nature.

Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

Blood and soil.

Well, at.least you agreed that the right to health care equates to slavery, I'll take that.

Senior Contributor

@rsbs wrote:

RJ, lets make it a simple illustration...you have a wife , $3 million dollars that you worked hard for and three lovely kids.....you plan on leaving each of them a million bucks and starting them out the right way.

Your neighbor spends all of his money, goes to Spain, France, Brazil...is basically penniless but has sired a dozen kids.

Do you want him to be able to vote on how you leave your loot and?/or how to  spend your money?

If you do, you are an outlier.

Your neighbor, on the other hand, would love to vote you out of your earnings and with unfettered democracy will do so.

Hope this helps.

Simple human nature.

This country is one gigantic compromise and I would argue that a lot of what the founders did, set up, was towards that end.

Biden won the presidential this time and will be hamstrung because many split their ballot and voted opposite on the down ballot.  I'm totally fine with that. Just like in 2018 when the nation pulled back from all repub to a divided legislature.  Next time maybe it swings again.  That is what we have , and we all have that power. More people voted in this election than ever before. That is a good thing. That engagement is what it is all about. I have a feeling that the pandemic due to things it affected was a driver in that.  Others , those damn city dwellers pay taxes too , their one vote shouldn't count as much as yours or mine ? Sorry, that is just a messed up place to be. I don't know how people got to a point of thinking that denigrating will bring people to their side. You see it here daily. Yes, i'm guilty of it as well , but not to the extreme of thinking my vote is worth more because I own land or own a company , or I have the exclusive franchise on what is right ,  or or or....

Engagement is the key.

anecdotal ; I used to be very engaged at our church. Board , youth mentor , usher ...  We started seeing that attendance was down , collections were down , membership was down and a whole host of other issues.  Well, it was turning out that we were the problem.  We were only asking the same 30 people to be in on everything. We were not asking or demanding that the other 250 members be or get involved.  we needed youth mentors , so the same people that had done it or had been asked to do were the ones getting asked again. We needed ushers , we asked the same people that had always done it, we needed new board members, we asked the same people again. It snowballed into the problem. I brought our church directory to a meeting and said we need to ask and engage these other members , ones that had not been before. The reason I'm not so engaged is many of those others jumped at the chance and opportunity. I stepped out of the way. Attendance is up , collections are up , new membership has grown.