cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: I know John

@Jim.ia.us wrote:

God also allowed Barack Obama to be President.

If that is so, did He also allow Hitler to be Chancellor, Stalin to be Supreme Leader, and Osama bin Laden to blow up those buildings full of people?  Hmmm, I might want to have a word or two with someone that "allows" things like THAT to happen.

Show him respect, please.

Respect is earned..... never deserved, just because you hold a title.  I kiss NO man's ring.

Without Christ, life is out of focus.

Our World is pretty much out of focus, isn't it?

Frequent Contributor

Yes, God allowed all those things to happen. We live in this world under two natures. The Spirit which is from God, and a sinful nature from Satan. These two forces are with us every day. Satan wants us to turn against God and follow him. Read Genesis in the Bible. Those that follow Satan, and there are many, will reap eternal destruction. Those that follow God will reap eternal glory.

I didn't tell ollie to kiss his ring. I said show the President some respect.

Our world is out of focus, especially for those who are following Satan. When Jesus comes back to claim his people, the ones who follow God, then life will come into full focus.

Have a great day.

Advisor

thanks for being the voice of reason here. It was innappropriate also to suggest ill of mr. ollie. there are alot of extreme conservatives here that I respect their opinions, even if i don't always agree. Mr. ollie's messages are usually just hate filled bluster that add nothing to the dialogue and i need to ignore him. have a good day.

Frequent Contributor

God's word says it much better than I can. This passage is from Galatians 5:16-23.

16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.

19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Senior Advisor

Our world is out of focus because we kicked God from the public square. If we ask for God's blessings we will recieve them in abundance. If we turn from God He will turn from us.