cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

refigious question

Some people hate Jews because they say that the Jews killed Jesus.  Yet had not Jesus died we wouldn't be saved.  It was all part of God's plan and indeed Jesus knew what lay ahead of him.  He could have chosen a different path.  To hate the Jews makes as much sense as hating God because God sent his son to be killed.

Any comments of thoughts?  Other than the usual junk from those who have no future life.

80 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: refigious question

Actually the all powerful Jesus of nazareth could have stepped down from the cross but did not. A solid case of suicide by any measure. His father a vindictive old Phart that would allow his son to be murdered to make apoint. And you want to pay homage to those two?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: religious question

Matthew9:13

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

13 Go and learn what the Scriptures mean when they say, `Instead of offering sacrifices to me, I want you to be merciful to others.' I didn't come to invite good people to be my followers. I came to invite sinners."

How can you suggest a merciful God would let his son die on a cross as a sacrifice for sinners and then let 2000 years of further sinning add to his Son's agony? Wouldn't it be more merciful to show mercy on those sinners who show mercy to others like Jesus promised in:

Matthew25:31-46

The Final Judgment

31 When the Son of Man comes in his glory with all of his angels, he will sit on his royal throne.

32 The people of all nations will be brought before him, and he will separate them, as shepherds separate their sheep from their goats.

33 He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 Then the king will say to those on his right, "My father has blessed you! Come and receive the kingdom that was prepared for you before the world was created.

35 When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat, and when I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I was a stranger, you welcomed me,

36 and when I was naked, you gave me clothes to wear. When I was sick, you took care of me, and when I was in jail, you visited me."

37 Then the ones who pleased the Lord will ask, "When did we give you something to eat or drink?

38 When did we welcome you as a stranger or give you clothes to wear

39 or visit you while you were sick or in jail?"

40 The king will answer, "Whenever you did it for any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did it for me."

41 Then the king will say to those on his left, "Get away from me! You are under God's curse. Go into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels!

42 I was hungry, but you did not give me anything to eat, and I was thirsty, but you did not give me anything to drink.

43 I was a stranger, but you did not welcome me, and I was naked, but you did not give me any clothes to wear. I was sick and in jail, but you did not take care of me."

44 Then the people will ask, "Lord, when did we fail to help you when you were hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in jail?"

45 The king will say to them, "Whenever you failed to help any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you failed to do it for me."

46 Then Jesus said, "Those people will be punished forever. But the ones who pleased God will have eternal life."

Jesus death was no sacrifice for your sins, but a dramatic affirmation of the resurrection for those who like God show mercy to others.

Matthew18:23-35

23 This story will show you what the kingdom of heaven is like: One day a king decided to call in his officials and ask them to give an account of what they owed him.

24 As he was doing this, one official was brought in who owed him fifty million silver coins.

25 But he didn't have any money to pay what he owed. The king ordered him to be sold, along with his wife and children and all he owned, in order to pay the debt.

26 The official got down on his knees and began begging, "Have pity on me, and I will pay you every cent I owe!"

27 The king felt sorry for him and let him go free. He even told the official that he did not have to pay back the money.

28 As the official was leaving, he happened to meet another official, who owed him a hundred silver coins. So he grabbed the man by the throat. He started choking him and said, "Pay me what you owe!"

29 The man got down on his knees and began begging, "Have pity on me, and I will pay you back."

30 But the first official refused to have pity. Instead, he went and had the other official put in jail until he could pay what he owed. 31 When some other officials found out what had happened, they felt sorry for the man who had been put in jail. Then they told the king what had happened.

32 The king called the first official back in and said, "You're an evil man! When you begged for mercy, I said you did not have to pay back a cent.

33 Don't you think you should show pity to someone else, as I did to you?"

34 The king was so angry that he ordered the official to be tortured until he could pay back everything he owed.

35 That is how my Father in heaven will treat you, if you don't forgive each of my followers with all your heart.

It is Jesus' teaching which is meant to save, not his death!

Highlighted
Advisor

Bless You my good man.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@wehav wrote:

Some people hate Jews because they say that the Jews killed Jesus.  Yet had not Jesus died we wouldn't be saved.  It was all part of God's plan and indeed Jesus knew what lay ahead of him.  He could have chosen a different path.  To hate the Jews makes as much sense as hating God because God sent his son to be killed.

Any comments of thoughts?  Other than the usual junk from those who have no future life.

It is not just Jews that are hated.

i think the religious reason is just the excuse.

Many pogroms through the years against the Jews were started for political reasons.

Look back through history and see how many times a government or leader of a governing body was in trouble with the people and fired up the masses to attack the Jews to take the heat off their governing problems.

If it is not hatred of the Jews then they pick a different group and start a war or persecution of these people.

Why do Protestants and Catholics hate one another in some areas of the world?

Is that because of a story about something that happened many years ago too?

The religious part is just the ruse that gets the masses going to do terrible things to their fellow man.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Matthew 16:21-28

New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Predicts His Death

21From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

22Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”

23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

Yes Jesus teaching was to save, but His teachings could only save through His death. He became our Passover Sacrifice and His innocent Blood on the lentils and door post of our heart is what saves us just as it saved the first born in Egypt during the time of Moses and the first Passover. He became the perfect sacrifice to purchase our pardon from the original sin of Adam and Eve. All we have to do to receive the pardon is to say yes to Him

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Other than the usual junk from those who have no future life.  -  Well, I know that is me you were hinting at.

Jesus didn't die to save one single person.  He was crucified because of the silly laws et, which applied at the time.  A sad thing indeed for any person, but he had a couple of other "sinners" who died alongside of him.  But be careful, he died for no one.  If you think you have been saved by this scandal, a little bit of proof is all that is required but to this point, none has been forthcoming.  Why?  -  because it has no basis or fact.  A nice fairy tale to tell the kids but nothing to substantiate it.  It is that simple.  But if you get comfort of thinking you are special and will go to "heaven", go ahead but it is disappointment that awaits, not eternal life.

God had no plan for his"son".  Even to call him a son is ridiculous as evidence to substantiate this is not there.  Jesus knew nothing of his fate or he would have fled, like you or me.  He could not have chosen any path to avoid this it was his fate after the prophecy he peddled around the joint for so long.  He might have know it would have got him into trouble but he didn't believe it would be terminal.

Future Life.   Well it is not me who has no future life it is you.  I already know my fate and to ignore the facts before us is totally ignorant.  I can understand the unknown by the known but not the known by the unknown.  That might be a bit deep for you comrade but when you are lying there in the ground you will have plenty of time to contemplate it.  

Let me know if you want to go on a bit further.

Highlighted
Advisor

I understand  the point you are making, but if you are looking for any type of discussion, you started at the wrong place.  I used to work with a bin building crew. When ever someting went wrong one of the other guys would always  say "it's the jewish bankers fault". The incongruity of the statement always made me smile.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@wehav wrote:

I have continued to ponder your post today.

Is it not part of christian religion to transfer punishment for 'sin' to others?

Isn't that behind the belief that Jesus died to pay for 'your ' sins?

Does the bible not OK punishing the children and the children's children for the soins of the fathers?

So it is just following along that line of thought to punish the Jews for killing Jesus thousands of years ago.

It is built right into your beliefs.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@idalivered wrote:

I understand  the point you are making, but if you are looking for any type of discussion, you started at the wrong place.  I used to work with a bin building crew. When ever someting went wrong one of the other guys would always  say "it's the jewish bankers fault". The incongruity of the statement always made me smile.

Ida your comment reminds me of my Father-in-law.

Any time a price rose or he did not get paid as much as he thought his cattle or produce was worth his comment was always about it being the "Jews fault', not just nay Jews though because he always said "it was the Jews in Toronto" that caused his problem.

Often wondered if he stubbed his toe if he blamed those 'Jews in Toronto'.