cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: hell and punishment

@r3020 wrote:

Jesus took all of our sins onto Himself. He took responsibility for us. Can you think of a greater act of love?

Call it anything you want but what you say is someone else did the punishment for you.

Ingrained in your religion. 

Blame a god and let the god do the punishment.

I will take responsibility for my own mistakes and pay the costs of them and I do not accept any guilt from previous generations sins, imagined or otherwise.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: refigious question

Hell isn't a 'place' that you can go and visit, the way I understand it, it is more of a state of being you are exposed to.

Think of a place where you are forced to read all my posts, but without the ability to reply, multiplied by 1000.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I'm not sure on this, but I think they were more the ruling political class, that oversaw the Jews.

A closer paralell would maybe be Congress.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

Jesus took all of our sins onto Himself. He took responsibility for us. Can you think of a greater act of love?

Call it anything you want but what you say is someone else did the punishment for you.

Yup, that line right there pretty well sums it up.

You are looking at it from the wrong point of view.  ANYONE who sins is not pure enough to get into heaven by their own actions.  If you so much as took a pencil home from the office, or stretched your yields telling a story, or even ran a stop sign, you are not 100% pure.  Jesus 'took the punishment' for us, so that we could be with him forever.  God sent him voluntarily, it wasn't 'imposed' on God, to send his son to save us.  It was willingly, like when you spot a buddy a few bucks for the cover charge so he can go someplace with you, but on a much grander scale.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

No, we quote the Bible to get the truth out, hoping it will help someone.

Memorizing the Bible, and quoting it is not nearly as important as living the life it instructs you to live.  It is just that as you study how to live, you wind up learning more about the Bible.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Mate - you are blathering on this one.  There either is a hell or there isn't. Now you tell me it is a state of mind.  Is that the same state of mind called Heaven?  If that is true it does prove the mythical status as I have been suggesting.  Your silly suggestion of your posts, etc is too silly to mention, but I did so there.  Go have a sleep on this one comrade.  You are unravelling like toilet rolls in a hurricane.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Yes, there is a hell. It is for those who choose evil over good. Jesus said I am the light, I am the way, pick up your cross and follow me. It is our choice. The ransom has been paid, all we have to do is accept His invitation.

Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

My friend, I think it is time to shake the dust from your feet and move on. You have done all you can to bring the light of Christ to them. They have rejected him time after time. Their hearts are hard and cold toward God.

Have a great day.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Considering Hell is someplace you only get to go after you die, it is kind of hard to get GPS coordinates to it.  I was trying to explain it as best I understand.  It is not a place you drive your Buick to go and visit, it is a place your soul is condemned to for eternety.

If you use the argument that since I can't give you coordinates of Hell it must not exist,maybe we better photograph the back side of the moon.  Otherwise, it may not exist, either.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Now, lets not lock ourselves in reverse on this one.  You have backed yourself into a corner.  Your state of mind argument is a sure sign of floundering because you have no argument.  While you  pray and genuflect, etc the real life goes on around you. You pray to god for this and that but when it doesn't happen, you wonder why disppointment follows soon after.  Wake up to this rubbish.

I will say without the slightest doubt, there is no heaven, hell,  God, immaculate conceptions or any of the other witchcraft associated with the religious industry.  I say industry because that is what it is i.e. making money out of innocent people who cannot think for themselves.