cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: refigious question

I admit, I think it will be impossible to explain to you.  When you die, I have no idea of the GPS location of your soul, or even the nature of your soul, which makes the question impossible to answer to your standards.   The way I get your questioning, you think we travel to a certain place, that is 'heaven' or 'hell'  That is true, but only in the instance that our souls go there, not our bodies.  We will be a 'spiritual' being, instead of a 'physical' being, and I believe, much like time, you can't measure it with a location.  We all know that there was a yesterday, but I'll be doggoned if I can find it.

You say I have no argument, but you asked an impossible question, and when I tried to give insight, you won't accept anything but an impossible answer.

 

Can you tell me the GPS location of the US flag on the moon?
If not, does it mean that flag doesn't exist?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: refigious question

Can he give you the GPS location of tomorrow? If not then there isn't one. Can he give you the GPS location of today?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: hell and punishment


@Nebrfarmr wrote:

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

Jesus took all of our sins onto Himself. He took responsibility for us. Can you think of a greater act of love?


Call it anything you want but what you say is someone else did the punishment for you.

 


Yup, that line right there pretty well sums it up.

 

You are looking at it from the wrong point of view.  ANYONE who sins is not pure enough to get into heaven by their own actions.  If you so much as took a pencil home from the office, or stretched your yields telling a story, or even ran a stop sign, you are not 100% pure.  Jesus 'took the punishment' for us, so that we could be with him forever.  God sent him voluntarily, it wasn't 'imposed' on God, to send his son to save us.  It was willingly, like when you spot a buddy a few bucks for the cover charge so he can go someplace with you, but on a much grander scale.


 


But NEB, the sin you talk of is often the 'original sin' something supposedly committed by someone else and then you think another person is going to pay the price of this sin.

It is all wrapped up in 'belief'.

For those of us who look around and can find no evidence of any of this magical 'belief' and so come to the understanding that the truth is there is no hell, no heaven and no gods.

So all the talk of heaven, hell and sin really does not matter to those of us who understand how things really work.

So it works for those of you who just 'believe' but it makes no sense to the rest of us.

I stand by my statement that I will take responsibility for my mistakes and I do not expect anyone else to pay for them, just as I will not condem others for something their grandfathers did.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Why Do You Even Care?

Craig, your humour has the cutting edge of a frozen packet of peas.  I chose to take sides on this because of my beliefs then you gently ask me to refrain from posting my beliefs because I hit too hard.  Then, youi talk about asbestos boots, etc.  So - what are you railing against.  Well I will tell you. 

 

One of the problems with godbotherers and their unwaivering beliefs is the fact they have never been told or listened to anything different.  I am prepared to uncloth the truth and show the bare facts and you and your like cannot handle it. Until I came along, atheists on here were treated with gentle laughter and made fun of.  Not any more.  There are still the odd mug prepared to wave his hand in front of me but he will quickly withdraw for fear I might open up too much.   You are no different.  You are also one of those staunch supporters of myths, fairy tales and witchcraft.  You quickly come to the aid of a failing religion and quote from the bible and psalms, etc then post a photo of a terrorist with his brains blown out then chortle to yourself in the name of god like it was gods wish for you to support such barbaric acts performed by American soldiers.  Boy, are you f---ked up in the brain.  

 

It is about now you are suffering from goose bumps all over and wishing to your silly god that you had never opened your mouth.  But like a sheep killing dog, you and the others returned with monotonous regularity to have your little egos massaged back into a controllable state.   Gee this is fun.

 

I hope it is all spelled correctly as I know you cast your excyclopediac eyes over the diction of all posters.  Have a nice day boofhead and hope to hear from you soon again.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: hell and punishment

Canuck, that is the loving beauty of Jesus Christ. He did the punishment for us. There is no greater love than to lay down your life for that of a friend. Because of His act of kindness the universe will be our play ground. Every mystery will be revealed. We will see Gouch's sun that is 300 times the size of ours and the 1,000s just like it.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: hell and punishment

The 'original sin' that is talked about, by my understanding, is what got man kicked out of the Garden of Eden.  I guess you can look it from the point of view that since all flollowing generations are not born there, that the punishment for the sins are being passed down to generations, I suppose.

I look at it more like this.  Let's say you were born in Canada, as a Canadian citizen.  You and your wife renounce your citizenship, and get booted out of Canada, down to the US.  Now, any children you have, will not be Canadian citizens, either, all of you, and generations after, will have to endure living in the US. 

However, after a certain point in life (in the case of a Christian, it is death, but I'm just using this story for argument's sake) you can be welcomed back into Canada, if you accept the terms set by the Canadian authorities.  Also, when your kids reach that point, they too can enter Canada.

Your kids never got to see Canada, all they got were your promises that, eventually, they will get to go there.  With no 'proof', other than your word, which gets handed down through the generations. 
That doesn't mean Canada doesn't exist, just because they haven't been there, nor does it mean your kids are being 'punished' by being born in the US.  Your kids are a product of your actions, they are born into the place you live in.  They can go to 'home' if they want to, when the time comes.

It's as simple as that.

 

If nothing else, we can agree to disagree, but I appreciate your honest debate, and open questions, without the name-calling.  With any luck, neither of us will find out who is right for a very long time.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Why Do You Even Care?

Gough, just so you know, I'll be saying a prayer for you.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: refigious question

Naw! you guy think you are doing Gpd's wprk ny ramming it down our throats. Your gponna earn a special spot at the right hand of God by all your righteous behavior and judgement. I would rather deal with a chap that admitted his warts than witha fellow that professes to be a christian. Thats how little congidence I have in the so called faithful. BTW you and your accompleces rarely exhibit christian behavior on these pages. How many lies is enough?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: hell and punishment


@r3020 wrote:

Canuck, that is the loving beauty of Jesus Christ. He did the punishment for us. There is no greater love than to lay down your life for that of a friend. Because of His act of kindness the universe will be our play ground. Every mystery will be revealed. We will see Gouch's sun that is 300 times the size of ours and the 1,000s just like it.


You do realize you are saying what I was posting 'that your religion believes in punishing one person for others sin's'?

I happen to think the person sinning should be punished and the innocent shopuld go free of any punishment but then I am not hobbled with old folklore.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: hell and punishment


@Nebrfarmr wrote:

The 'original sin' that is talked about, by my understanding, is what got man kicked out of the Garden of Eden.  I guess you can look it from the point of view that since all flollowing generations are not born there, that the punishment for the sins are being passed down to generations, I suppose.

I look at it more like this.  Let's say you were born in Canada, as a Canadian citizen.  You and your wife renounce your citizenship, and get booted out of Canada, down to the US.  Now, any children you have, will not be Canadian citizens, either, all of you, and generations after, will have to endure living in the US. 

However, after a certain point in life (in the case of a Christian, it is death, but I'm just using this story for argument's sake) you can be welcomed back into Canada, if you accept the terms set by the Canadian authorities.  Also, when your kids reach that point, they too can enter Canada.

Your kids never got to see Canada, all they got were your promises that, eventually, they will get to go there.  With no 'proof', other than your word, which gets handed down through the generations. 
That doesn't mean Canada doesn't exist, just because they haven't been there, nor does it mean your kids are being 'punished' by being born in the US.  Your kids are a product of your actions, they are born into the place you live in.  They can go to 'home' if they want to, when the time comes.

It's as simple as that.

 

If nothing else, we can agree to disagree, but I appreciate your honest debate, and open questions, without the name-calling.  With any luck, neither of us will find out who is right for a very long time.


Yes we will disagree.

I start disagreeing with 'Adam and Eve' as being a fact.

No proof of any such individuals.

.

I do not need to be punished for any sins committed by others.

I am quite happy living where I am even though many of my ancestors were kicide out of various countries to bring them here. A good number from what is now your country,

I do not need to return to any of those countries since we have a rather quiet peacefiull society here with heath care for all.

And I have no concern over death as I know that is the final end of me, no going on into some magical never never land.