Did you mean: 
Samnospam
Advisor

royal diaper filler

3 Replies
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Re: royal diaper filler

There was a sort of humorous segment on NPR a couple of days ago that had several points to it but one was that statistically Americans are more interested in British royality than the British themselves. Mind you, I don't know who these people are but I suspect they are the same people that buy People Magazine and watch TMZ.

bruce MN
Advisor

Television created the Royal watching phenomenon.  My first recollection of television was as a 3 yr old in my Grandmother's living room chocked full of relatives who had come there to watch the delayed film broadcast of Elizabeth's coronation in 1952 on the newfangled contraption in the corner.

Millions of Americans got up in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning to watch Diana's wedding and her funeral.  I don't think 1 % of the people who are fascinated by the Royals ever have one conscious thought about the concept of monarchy.  Just that much more fascination with clebrity. 

Much more harmless than ordinary celeb worship though as no little girl or boy can fanticize about becoming King or Queen, unlike  becoming a NBA or movie star or pop singer.  And Elizabeth, Diana and maybe now even Kate are probably better personal role models than a Kardashian or a Kobe. 

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Whatever you think, it is nothing to get overheated, abusive or anything else about. If it doesn't concern you, leave it alone.