cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

see my business post on farm policy

a bit political but it really is a good idea to consider how farm policy goes after the election.

This is a more political so it belongs here. Pretty high odds of a D POTUS in 2020 but probably 50/50 that Trump scorches the earth thoroughly enough that the Ds don't win the Senate back.

Then we'll have a real life test of a Brownbackian type dreamy eyed theory that gubmint is bad, because we won't have one.

Prospects of that scenario are unlikely to change anyone's vote

7 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: see my business post on farm policy

a lower odds, but realistic variant of that scenario is that the election is close enough that the Senate and SCOTUS overturn the result.

They'd actually probably feel quite justified in the matter when considering the consequences of the primary scenario that I described.

The Empire must go on.

Ivanka 2024?

Senior Contributor

Expounding on scenario #2 and the End of the Republic.

I've always suspected that the Catholic Royalist Elite (Leonard Leo et al) has always had that as its ultimate goal.

I assume they think they'll get a better dynasty after the House of Trump.

The great coup was when they managed to build an alliance with the protestant fundamentalists on their social agenda.

Senior Contributor

I conclude, sadly, that many people who own farms or have government farming franchises (high APH) will feel better served by the Empire and lose little sleep over the death of the Republic.

Honored Advisor

You still have a ways to go yet, Nox.   Smiley Happy

Image result for are you crazy if you talk to yourself and answer yourself

Senior Contributor

I imagine that The Empire would return to a policy of Affirmative Action for White Males Only, like the Good Old Days (and The Real Victims, the uber wealthy and corporations).

Honored Advisor

It seems we`re always the ones that are expected to pick up the tab for this brave new world you always vote for.

Senior Contributor

A very long stretch where I received vastly more in government payments than I paid in taxes.Actually qualified for EITC a few times.  Granted, about 110% of the subsidies actually flowed through to the landlords, so I guess they paid taxes.

It was always inevitable after the gubmint rained vast riches upon farmers via the ethanol program that many would get too big for their britches.