cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

shutdown

seems to be looming as more likely.

Putting aside the joy that many here, much of the GOP caucus and Pres. Trump will take over ending the horrible things that the government does daily to Good People, I'm trying to game the situation.

If it commences, I can't think of a good reason why either side will give until some real pain is felt. Might even come up with some sort of resolution to fund the portion of military projects that will be stalled and then continue with the Mexican standoff (no pun intended).

Wall Street probably won't care for quite a while.

It could actually go on for months on end?

Given that the Trump volte face on DACA is the defining issue and a strong majority of Americans favor some resolution on the matter, I can't think this works out in favor of Trump and the GOP. 

It will, though, take our polarization form code red to white hot, what Trump does.

35 Replies
AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Re: shutdown

A shutdown is the sole doing of the nut case left . No one else. It seems there is no limit to the evil you people will try to inflict.
hardnox
Advisor

But you of all people should know that perception=reality and the majority of Americans will not see it that way.

The POTUS doing his Apprentice confab where he promised to sign whatever was sent him in DACA and then immediately changing course creates some bad optics.

r3020
Senior Advisor

The progressives are spending 100% of their time and energy protecting ILLEGAL aliens instead of working for American citizens.

hardnox
Advisor

If you'd like to force a crisis over a transparently duplicitous doublecross on a matter that 70% of Americans favor, be my guest.

r3020
Senior Advisor

The progressives are in for cheap labor mostly at the expense of their black voters. Looks like they think brown is better than black.

Packard27
Senior Contributor

I am going out on a limb today, but I predict that government shut down or no shut down, the sun will rise in the east next week, the markets will yawn, the followers of the religion of peace and love (that dare not speak its name in polite company) will continue to murder innocent bystanders, and the panda bears in the National Zoo will continue to be fed as well as receive their stellar health care benefits from their appropriately credentialled health care providers.

Take it to the bank folks. I strongly believe, together, we are all going to get through this terrible, terrible time in history.

hardnox
Advisor

Unfortunately "Those People"

are like the model immigrant Asian Americans who are becoming predominantly Democrat leaning.

Paleface speak with forked tongue- they know you'd turn on them in a heartbeat.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Unfortunately "Those People"

The heartbeat hasn't happened yet but there is no doubt the progressives have already turned on the blacks.

bruce MN
Advisor

“the blacks”

That oughta work.