cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

slow boiled frogs

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2019/10/11/should-house-republicans-stick-with-the-president/

The day after the scale of what is easily the biggest political scandal in American history exploded into view, the frogs are still croaking.

7 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: slow boiled frogs

"This is why I think any Republican officeholder who considers his or herself remotely vulnerable should begin operating on the assumption that they will lose and let their guiding star be how they want to be viewed by posterity.

As an exercise, they can envision themselves having served in 1974. They can picture two different worlds. In the first, they broke with Richard Nixon and supported his removal from office. In the second, they loyally stuck with the president and their party. Which of those would they rather have as a record?

Some might be happier being known as stalwarts who never wavered. They should behave accordingly now. I think a majority of them would feel better about themselves if they were in the first category, however, and they should do what they consider the right thing."

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

27-0?

whats the over/under on this latest?

Moving on from the Ukraine whistle stick already, eh?

these two friends of Rudy.....are they the ones that gave Joe Biden the million dollar bribe?

Fill us on in ...and pass the popcorn.

yeah...sure...biggest scandal EVER.....FACT!

gh2002gh
Senior Contributor

Re: 27-0?

@rsbs wrote:

whats the over/under on this latest?

Moving on from the Ukraine whistle stick already, eh?

these two friends of Rudy.....are they the ones that gave Joe Biden the million dollar bribe?

Fill us on in ...and pass the popcorn.

yeah...sure...biggest scandal EVER.....FACT!

I hope you have plenty of Popcorn Red, because they are just getting started pulling the lid off of the Obama White House.   The democrat party is about to implode.

WCMO
Senior Advisor

I'll wait for it, but getting tired of waiting, let's see some charges, convictions and meaningful penalties.

gh2002gh
Senior Contributor

@WCMO wrote:

I'll wait for it, but getting tired of waiting, let's see some charges, convictions and meaningful penalties.

Understood.  But worth the time necessary.   There is no option but to charge and try them.

The people amongst the leftist loons dont deserve to be harmed, thus the wait to finalize securing the nation.

Military has been strengthened and foreign engagements wound down.

National guard returned home to be ready.

Southern border secured.

News/Declassification coming. 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I don`t want to be a nit picker, but Nixon wasn`t impeached and wasn`t removed from office.  Nixon resigned, he went down in the polls and came to that decision.  The conditions are much different from `74...there were wire taps, plumbers, breakins and audio tapes.  

What you have with Trump is "he said this.....but we all know that he meant that"  what you have is a Rorchach  Test with everyone seeing what they want.   Those of us that can`t see the ink "butterfly" aren`t going to be converted.  

gh2002gh
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

I don`t want to be a nit picker, but Nixon wasn`t impeached and wasn`t removed from office.  Nixon resigned, he went down in the polls and came to that decision.  The conditions are much different from `74...there were wire taps, plumbers, breakins and audio tapes.  

What you have with Trump is "he said this.....but we all know that he meant that"  what you have is a Rorchach  Test with everyone seeing what they want.   Those of us that can`t see the ink "butterfly" aren`t going to be converted.  

That's as good of a synopsis as I've seen.  Nice job.