cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

smart phone voting

Good or bad. I say voting should never be tied to the internet.

6 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: smart phone voting

Only somebody who has lived in a cave and never heard of all the hacking would believe that any connection to voting and the Internet was a good idea.

Of course if you were a crooked political group known for dead people voting, illegals voting, herding nursing home residents to voting booths and "finding" ballot boxes then you would think this latest opportunity to rig and election was great.

Advisor

Do you clowns think those Diebold voting machines in Ohio way, way back in the previous decade were rigged with a screw driver and a vice-grip?

Senior Contributor

I'd say, it depends.  Certainly opens up the system to unbased, ignorant, oh so dumb, accusations of tampering, as people like to hang on when their guy loses. (cough bruce cough).

It could be done in a tamper proof manner, but with governments around the world including and especially the USA demanding backdoors into encryption protocols.  An iffy idea.     If it was completely open source I could buy into it.  Not opposed per say, but I'd have to study the implementation.

Was that evasive enough?

Senior Advisor

Does that put you in the support column?

Advisor

100% paper ballots, 100% hand tabulated by a bi-partisan electoral commission overseen by a judge.

Ballots stored under lock and destroyed 90 days after official certification of the election.

Honored Advisor

Nox,  Judge Kavanaugh will probably be available.