cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Re: so funny

Either your not bright or you choose to ignore the printing press which was a form of communication "back then".

abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press,

You could learn a little about the constitution before you spout off like that.

Samnospam
Advisor

Oh yes there very much are, ask the supreme court if you can ban printing presses.
Samnospam
Advisor

you beat me to it
johnaa
Advisor

You're pretty sure?  Yah, if you bothered reading, politicians were often pelted with garbage and slander and otherwise, harassed.  POTUS is not a king.  Take responsibility for your ignorance and educate yourself, the schools seem to have failed you.   Only during Ol'Honest Abe's reign were people put into jail for bad mouthing the POUS.

If you ever bother to read the Constitution you may find the 2nd amendment does not specify what kind of 'arms', arms could be knives, swords, axes, tomahawks, firearms, bricks, bats, garrote or anything else.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

I'm sure you will get an argument on that from some of the gun righters and the nra!  If that were truly the case, there wouldn't be this big fear of the nasty ol' govt taking away guns!  You do have the freedom to say whatever you want but that right doesn't protect you from getting your sorry asss kicked for applying your "freedom"!  I know that the president isn't a king but we had a king at one time.  That was settled with the Revolution.

johnaa
Advisor

Well I bet most smart red necks understands my point about what kind of arms the second amendment refers to is aimed at the stupid argument that it only refers to single shot muzzle loading firearms.  Your poor asss must be black and blue numb from being kick so much.  

Come on now, stop holding back, show your great debating skills and your smarts.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Since the post was about "internet, tv and radio", I was really referring to electronic means of communication.  Most humble apologies.

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

The post was based on your ridiculous assumption that the single shot musket only applies to 2nd amendment, because semi-autos and 30 round mags were invented yet (correlation mine), so therefore it also applies the same logic to first.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

You have a firm grip on sarcasm don't you!

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Sarcasm is lost in the written word, but if it makes you sleep better at night, then yeah you bested me on the constitution with your rapier wit.