cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

Re: so imagine this

I'd like to know how they're going to enforce this.  Our local newspaper already had a picture of the local sheriff stating he would not aid or allow any federal gun rules in the county.  Out here in the sticks, it would be next to impossible to find the guns.  Making it a law is one thing.  Making sure that it is enforced is completely another.  This looks more like a toothless tiger than anything else. 

dairy mom
Senior Contributor

every body so worried about their guns. 

Guess what here in Michigan when they had the big TB scare and wanted to test all the bovine.  They couldn't even find all the cows.  How do you think they could possibly find all the guns?  I know this because when they tested our herd they asked if we knew of anybody out of the way that possibly had a few head that needed to be tested.

Considering how crazy you all sound I seriously doubt they could find anybody foolish enough no matter how much body armour they offered, to go down every little lane every where to see if someone had a gun.  You all sound like the Hatfields and McCoys in the middle of a silly feud.  Just plain childish.

Samnospam
Advisor

I don't think defending my rights is silly or childish, rather a duty I owe my children.
Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Not to mention an oath I took 30 years ago, and every month at American Legion meetings

Some either forgot their oath, didn't take it serious, or just don't care about the constitution.

Flatland Hillbilly
Senior Contributor

Heck Yes Dairy Mom!!!!   I bet you drive as fast as you want....they'll never catch ya out here in the sticks.......why heck just go ahead and murder someone if you want.....how'll they ever track you down.  Quite a law abibing citizen you are......is that what you teach your kids?

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

If he does, it will be a felony.

I noticed how the rhetoric has changed from 'NO ONE wants to take ANY guns from ANYONE' to 'Only a few people here and there, want to ban the most 'scary' ones', to 'some people just don't deserve to have a gun', to 'I hope they take yours first.'

And then they wonder out loud, why some doubt what is said.

bruce MN
Advisor

I think that you are right....after a fashion....

Actually, the little by little...or John's "camel's nose" thing does come into play.

But not in the big "end of our guns" scheme as most on the gun right accuse, but rather in how it shapes a few more people each time something big and awful like Newtown comes along...as big and awful things like Newtown have for a long, long time and will continue to at some unknown rate of occurence.

What it won't do is create outlawing of or confiscation of guns like is said to have happened in dictatorship run regimes. What it will do is move a  very considerable number of modest people away from general extremist ideaology each and every time there is a bump.  The proverbial soccer Moms, for starters. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

@dairy mom wrote:

every body so worried about their guns. 

Guess what here in Michigan when they had the big TB scare and wanted to test all the bovine.  They couldn't even find all the cows.  How do you think they could possibly find all the guns?  I know this because when they tested our herd they asked if we knew of anybody out of the way that possibly had a few head that needed to be tested.

Considering how crazy you all sound I seriously doubt they could find anybody foolish enough no matter how much body armour they offered, to go down every little lane every where to see if someone had a gun.  You all sound like the Hatfields and McCoys in the middle of a silly feud.  Just plain childish.

If they have no intention to enforce then why introduce the bill?

bruce MN
Advisor

You've got good a point there.

I think it's for the same reason that dogs pee on fire hydrants. 

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Ah, Craigo, your in for another nasty surprise! Team Obama, has not or will not, be disbanded, and 2014, is going to be another bell weather year for DEMOCRATS.

Sorry, but you're going to hate 2014, even worse than 2012!! LOL!!!

Hell, Craigo! Ted Nugent, is probably looking for somebody to lead your revolution! He needs someone to stand and take a bullet for him! He's more valuable than you, so you wouldn't mind would ya'??

LMAO!!!