cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: some pretty interesting stuff here

I'm curious as to why you are suddenly outraged by this particular revelation.  There have been any number of cases that suggest that somebody in the higher reaches did not want the "Al Queda sleeper cell"  to be discovered.

I'm also curious as to why you (apparently) seem to believe that it calls for an armed libertarian response. To me it seems that the appropriate response is pacifist in nature- opposing the perpetual warfare state and recapturing the country through the ballot box or passive resistance as it is called for.

As I've said many times, even though I acknowledge that there are highly principled constituional libertarians out there there is no direction for the gun crowd at large to go other than as a tool of a corporate state.

bruce MN
Advisor

This is a Republican v. Democrat matter?

bruce MN
Advisor

The dates that are listed in your entry are what make my comment regarding the Iraq end game deeply relevant. 

No jacking whatsoever.   Just a catch.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Are you saying that the US Govt was involved in 911

Or that the FBI screwed up or the FBI decided to let him go while they investigated further to see who else was involved.?

FBI incompetence is not impossible but neither is the possibility that they may not take someone in custody before they know where the tracks might lead. Or you might conclude that it was merely Cheney's plot all along.

Who know what strategy americas spooks may employ under such a catestrophic event? Just because the got the net deployed they may not pull it in until more fishes are in the net.

The fact that they knew his involvement indicates that the intelligence community did benefit from Richard Clarke's warnings that there was something afoot withing the terrorist cells.

Samnospam
Advisor

"I'm curious as to why you are suddenly outraged by this particular revelation."

I don't think outraged is the right word.  It is interesting because it is provable, documented.  That is what's required if you wish to convince people that there is more to the story than what they've been told.

"I'm also curious as to why you (apparently) seem to believe that it calls for an armed libertarian response."

I don't think I've said anything of the sort.  Leave me alone and you'll never even know if I'm armed or not.

"As I've said many times, even though I acknowledge that there are highly principled constituional libertarians out there there is no direction for the gun crowd at large to go other than as a tool of a corporate state."

Since on several occasions I've witnessed you act as a tool of the corporate state I think this criticism is unwarranted from you.   

Samnospam
Advisor

Re: Are you saying that the US Govt was involved in 911

I'm saying that its obvious they knew al-Aulaqi was involved in 9/11.  They had amble opportunities to arrest him   Instead they provided him pentagon hosted dinners.  He HAD to be under constant surveillance.  He was allowed to leave the country.  No other explanation is plausible.   He was killed at the earliest opportunity once he was out of the country.

I think you can safely say the US government did not want the guy to EVER go to trial and risk what might be discovered.   More than likely you would have discovered that he was acting in cooperation with the government the whole time.

You did know that al-Aulaqi while in Yemen was in frequent contact with the Ft Hood shooter.   The fed's that watch every type of electronic traffic would have just missed that right?

This entire terrorism "thing" runs over multiple political administrations and is more a part of the permanent government, the bureaucratic leviathan you're so fond of, than it is the political government.   Unless its traceable directly to **bleep** Cheney's desk I really don't expect you to believe it.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

You poor pin-head, the government isn't in your healtcare! But it sure as hell should be after your guns, you can't pass the mental check!

I'm not thread jacking, he did!

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Ron Paul and Rand Paul seem to be close enough to the wheels of power to know where the bear is currently shatting in the woods, to paraphrase Bruce.....if there is a shadow government running things, are the Pauls that much like Quixote that they think they can upset it via the ballot box?

Or are the campaigns of people we hope are above such stuff just for show?

I do agree that liberal democrats are an odd bunch....not much is consistent with what they propose to believe. The dichotomy between mistrusting government and wanting it to run everything is one of the strangest pieces of dogma that they have to digest and how they think their world is coherent is way beyond my ability to understand.