cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

sports and other pleasant diversions

are not a right.

They're among the rewards of a functioning society.

4 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: sports and other pleasant diversions

You don't get that with communism. You get only what the government mandates.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Not a reward either, like a pat on the head for an obedient subject.  Just a product to buy or not. 

But we'd probably not agree on what is a right.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

just speaking for myself, the whole pro sports schedules can be cancelled forever and I am not going to have my life altered much or shed many tears.

Probably would feel the same about college, too, and possibly even high school.

I do believe in physical fitness, and there are a myriad ways to get to that without organized sports, and probably at a lower cost and with more participation.

holleyattkisson
Contributor

I think some people are more motivated to play sports when they are in a team. It is a personal choice. Why not? As long as this person likes and it's okay with it, then everything is wonderful. In addition, this is a possibility for some people to make money through bets. You make easy money as long as you understand what you are doing and how lucky you are. Now the European League is going, and people are excited to place online soccer betting. Unfortunately, many of them lose their heads and lose a lot of money because they think that if you put a lot of cash into different bets, you will win more, but it is not true.