cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: 1%? ,01?

Lots of adjuncts teaching who qualify for food stamps.

But particularly as state funding of public universities fades (Penn State is now officially 0, not sure why the school still gives them billing, many are below 10% of total budget) a president's #1,2, and 3 jobs are bringing in money.

If they can't they're gone and if the can they can ask for about anything. Purdue is well over a $1B operation and there are several of the biggest schools over 2.

Senior Contributor

Re: student loans

Back still whinnig about your grain dyer they took my freetaxpayer  grant money.!!!!!!!!    Try taking the 2/3 portion of your welfare crop ins premium subsidy paid by working  taxpayer and put toward dyer????   or does it go toward yourowed  income tax       since that subsidy puts cash in your pocket it must go some where   Does that make part of 47% crowd??????

Veteran Advisor

Humpy, did you ever take an IQ test? 

One thing this board has taught me, and it is that if they instituted an intelligence test of any sort, the liberals would never , ever win another election.

Senior Contributor

what did you use the portion of crop ins premium that he taxpayers paid for you???.     to ashamed to admit you are on the govt farm welfare rolls      

Veteran Advisor

whats it feel like to be a little dog peeing on someone's leg? Do you ever chase a fire engine or car for excitement?

Are you proud to be called Humpy?

Go pee on Shifty or Nutz legs for a change and ask them what they do with their subsidies and why they want them. They get twice as much per acre or more than I do .

Can't wait for my SS checks to start coming, or is that done by direct bank transfers now? Maybe I won't even get a check.

Senior Contributor

How juvenile most people grow out of school yard name calling antics when reaching  adult age.   who's  nutz & shifty anyway... example of  juvenile conduct.  

Just asking what happens with money farmers save by taxpayers picking up 62%+ of premium.  After all its money used for something.  

Adding this to inform you the SD leg as a bill pending to allow students to carry concealed weapons  on college campus .  Must be 21 or older (so they are allowed to shoot only fellow  21 or older )   You can't have them in dorms.?????    This country gets more crazy ever day      SD sends just as stupid people to Pierre like the stupid ones we send to Wash   

Senior Contributor

It's amazing that people laud and applaud capitalism but express outrage that demand drives the prices higher on education and the paychecks of teachers and professors. Colleges and universities are businesses not unlike other businesses yet conservatives seem to cringe at the thought that faculty members might enjoy some degree of financial success.

What is the logic that drives that? I think a teacher with a college degree deserves adequate compensation. Do conservatives think that professional educators are undeserving of a living wage? Should they receive a sub standard paycheck? Why do you think so?

Senior Advisor

@OKdon wrote:

It's amazing that people laud and applaud capitalism but express outrage that demand drives the prices higher on education and the paychecks of teachers and professors. Colleges and universities are businesses not unlike other businesses yet conservatives seem to cringe at the thought that faculty members might enjoy some degree of financial success.

What is the logic that drives that? I think a teacher with a college degree deserves adequate compensation. Do conservatives think that professional educators are undeserving of a living wage? Should they receive a sub standard paycheck? Why do you think so?

Let the banks compete for the student loans without interference for the government The colleges will charge whatever the market will bear and pay their employees accordingly. That is capitalism. When the government becomes involved it is statism. The market no longer establishes the price, voters do.

Senior Contributor

Do you really think the average teen can go to college without `guaranteed loans? Government did not enter the guarantee business to raise college prices. They wanted to offer the option of advanced education to those unable to find financing for it. I think you will find millions of young people have received that opportunity that would otherwise be unavailable to them.

Banks don't compete for loans to people without adequate collateral. That must come as a surprise to you.

Senior Advisor

@OKdon wrote:

Do you really think the average teen can go to college without `guaranteed loans? Government did not enter the guarantee business to raise college prices. They wanted to offer the option of advanced education to those unable to find financing for it. I think you will find millions of young people have received that opportunity that would otherwise be unavailable to them.

Banks don't compete for loans to people without adequate collateral. That must come as a surprise to you.

Doesn't matter what the government wanted to do. The fact is the student loan program has not made college any more affordable than before the program. It just postponed and shifted the cost