cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

suffering fools, liars, and various dumb axes

As i've said, they want fuels to be more expensive.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/10/carbon-tax-most-powerful-way-to-combat-climate-change-imf.html

Increasing the price of carbon is the most efficient and powerful method of combating global warming and reducing air pollution, according to a new report from the International Monetary Fund.

While the idea of carbon taxes on fossil fuel corporations has been spreading across the globe in the past couple decades, increasing prices on carbon emissions has received widespread backlash from those who argue the tax would raise energy bills.

But economists have long contended that raising the cost of burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and gas is the best way to mitigate climate change

9 Replies
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Sam, just like all addicts, ...

....you're still in denial.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: Sam, just like all addicts, ...

denial of what rick?  That progs want to reduce usage by raising cost?  

It shocks me that anyone can deny the truth in that statement.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

so I guess

If progs say gas is not going up, they are just complaining about what a failure * is.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: so I guess

I guess you've broken the code like Turdy and come to realize that your followers are all stupid.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@sdholloway56 wrote:

I guess you've broken the code like Turdy and come to realize that your followers are all stupid.

A guy that thinks the government killed 3000+ people, while destroying significant real estate, leading to numerous wars, death, mayhem, worldwide destruction, trillions of dollars wasted and etc.,  yet wants that government to take over important aspects of his life is the king of all idiots.  

Seriously, I can understand truthers who distrust everything the government does, but you are unique as far as I can tell in being able to hold the permanent government guilty of terrible crimes and at the same time to be adored as the source of all good.   

Was your father very violent before he loved you?

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I think a revenue neutral carbon tax would be a very good idea. Kick it back as a tax credit to individuals based on average impact.

If it makes it more expensive for oligarchs to fly private jets, too bad.

Start out small with it scaling up over time.

gh2002gh
Senior Contributor

@sam1wiseone wrote:

@sdholloway56 wrote:

A guy that thinks the government killed 3000+ people, while destroying significant real estate, leading to numerous wars, death, mayhem, worldwide destruction, trillions of dollars wasted and etc.,  yet wants that government to take over important aspects of his life is the king of all idiots.  

Seriously, I can understand truthers who distrust everything the government does, but you are unique as far as I can tell in being able to hold the permanent government guilty of terrible crimes and at the same time to be adored as the source of all good.   

If you want to make sense of his position, ask yourself if he's upset about 9/11 or if he's bragging about 9/11....

Which makes sense when he wants that same government to have more power?

Cabalists are pathological.  

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@gh2002gh wrote:

@sam1wiseone wrote:

@sdholloway56 wrote:

If you want to make sense of his position, ask yourself if he's upset about 9/11 or if he's bragging about 9/11....

Which makes sense when he wants that same government to have more power?

Cabalists are pathological.  

Its fake gh.  Like everything else the liars says, he doesn't believe it, trutherism that is..  Just can't think of a cover story for his flip on it.  There's nothing honest in anything he says.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@sdholloway56 wrote:

I think a revenue neutral carbon tax would be a very good idea. Kick it back as a tax credit to individuals based on average impact.

If it makes it more expensive for oligarchs to fly private jets, too bad.

Start out small with it scaling up over time.

Yes yes a punishing tax to reduce consumption yet effects no one.  Do you listen to yourself?