cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

takeaway from the census

we were well aware that the general health, wellbeing and prosperity of much of rural America has been in decline. Weren't expecting quite the degree of populatin stagnatin/decline, though.

Worth noting that 2010-20 was a period of unprecedented efforts by government to lift the price of commodities that are produced there (or make direct payments in lieu at the end).

Ergo, farm programs are no longer effective as a means toward rural development.

Which would only come as a surprise to reporters who land in flyover country and think that everybody driving a pickup truck must be a farmer. And probably has something relaly interesting to tell them at the diner, I imagine.

4 Replies
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: The real takeaway is ...

..  the decline of "White America" and the reason the republicans are so desperate to enact voter restrictions.  The White Nationalists know that without voter restrictions their days of political power are numbered.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: The real takeaway is ...

I was deeply comforted that during the second impeachment it was apparent that the sons of Jewish, Vietnamese, Eritrean immigrants and a descendant of USVI slaves obviously hold the Constitution much more dear than most white folks do.

Kurt#1
Senior Contributor

Re: takeaway from the census

I don't pay attention to the census, I just watch TV and commercials.

What I've learned is America is devoid of Asians and Latinos but is probably 50% African_american and about 40% LGBTQ with the remaining being bumbling idiot white men.

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

Re: takeaway from the census

@Kurt#1 wrote:

I don't pay attention to the census, I just watch TV and commercials.

What I've learned is America is devoid of Asians and Latinos but is probably 50% African_american and about 40% LGBTQ with the remaining being bumbling idiot white men.

Pretty much exactly what I have seen. Maybe a touch higher on the LGBTQ number.