cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

the big move is coming

after Trump has eliminated all the remaining adults in his cabinet.

Gonna fire Sessions and replace him with the worlds greatest RW lickspittle functionary- Scott Pruitt.

Then he can fire Mueller.

In that case I'd say that the odds aren't insignificant that he can create enough of a state of emergency to stop the election this Fall.

At which point I guess that the folks who have been working hard to bolster their fascist cred here will be rewarded and the rest of us will be off to the camps.

All, I might add, for the simple and banal reason that a flim flam man got himself in over his head and will burn the coutry down before losing everything.                                                                                      

11 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: the big move is coming

Senate would need to confirm Pruitt. Can’t see that happening under these conditions. 

But that statement about being “ close to having the cabinet I wan’t” fits in to what you are saying.

hardnox
Advisor

There appears to be an interpretation whereby he can move previously confirmed cabinet members laterally.

hardnox
Advisor

That would presumably fall onto Butt Gorsuch's docket almost immediately.

I'd like to be a mouse at the séance when they ask the ghosts of Hamilton and Madison just what the heck they meant.

hardnox
Advisor

Having gotten their tax cuts and judge I'd say there are a fair number of big time business republicans who're getting tired of this and are going to get ever more uncomfortable as the heehaw gang's trucks pull up at the WH.

bruce MN
Advisor

Then there is timing.  If Mueller sees it coming he can unseal indictments before Pruitt is sworn in.  If Thomas and Gorsuch etal beat that back the the NY State charges kick in.  

3 Ringer...

hardnox
Advisor

Re: Now they get this

Oh sure. Reality TV.

wehav
Senior Contributor

"

In that case I'd say that the odds aren't insignificant that he can create enough of a state of emergency to stop the election this Fall."

Sheesh, both sides every president try that bull about no elections.  I've been hearing it since Clinton.  Probably most believable was Obama but given the military's love for the man it was highly unlikely. 

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

I agree, bruce, timing is everything. Trump isn't bright enough to understand, his butt is still in a sling, and there is no way out. His only chance was when he fired Comey, he should have fired Sessions as soon as Sessions recused himself. There would have been a fire storm, but nothing like what is coming.