cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jput
Senior Contributor

Re: the case for Stinger missiles

Apparently you're still obsessed with Bush Derangement Syndrone.    News flash for you,  your guy has been potus since Jan. 2009, and that makes GWB irrelevant today.

Reality is,  we haven't fought an all out war to win since 1945.    If the world's bad boys actually feared the US,  and they have not since 1945 (irregardless of your BDS,  or pick any other potus).  

Perhaps you can see a doctor for a cure of your Bush Derangement Sydrome and that Blame America First in a single visit.   That might save you a lot on that office visit.    The rest of us reside in reality.   And that reality is that other nations do not fear,  nor respect our nation led by the Amateur In Chief.    Give Faust two years as POTUS and things would be fixed,  pronto.

Samnospam
Advisor

I remember thinking much the same way you do, I was wrong.   Can you name a country that has been at war as much as the USA since 1945?  Can you name one that has involved itself in the internal affairs of other countries as much as the USA since 1945?

hardnox604008
Advisor

In the immortal words of James Blutarsky, " was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

jput
Senior Contributor

Sam,

I don't lower my country down to equate it with other world nations.   Not saying everything we've done was perfect.   But other nations in the world range from less  than us to just plain snit holes.    Pick another country you'd see as better,  then please move to it.

I don't believe we should squander our soldiers blood and taxpayer treasure on half hearted fighting wars we have no intention of winning.

Either you go in with everything we've got,  or just stay home. 

Right now,  the poor excuse for a potus escalated in Afghanistan where he should have ordered a immediate pullout back in 2009.

All that did was waste men's lives and our tax dollars.    There's nothing in Afghanistan worth fighting for,  especially since the potus has absolutely no plan to win there.

Samnospam
Advisor

What about my question meant lowering your country down?  Well, unless the honest answered lowered your country.  

I agree we shouldn't half heartedly fight wars.  

jput
Senior Contributor

You posted:

"Can you name a country that has been at war as much as the USA since 1945?  Can you name one that has involved itself in the internal affairs of other countries as much as the USA since 1945?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The US is not comparable to other world nations.    There is only one number one.  Can only be one number one at a time.

We're not the same as other nations.    Does anyone trust having Russia,  or China,  as the number one?

I guarentee they'd act much differently than US has in the number one role. 

Currently we have the "lead from behind potus".    Yeah,  in nature a vacuum is always filled.   This will not end well.

Faust for POTUS.

Samnospam
Advisor

That doesn't really answer the question. And I agree the others as the number one bully might have been more harsh, but the difference is of a level not of a kind. You are aware of the number of democratically elected governments the USA has helped overthrow aren't you?

hardnox604008
Advisor

The US will never recover from GWB since the Republic fell via the 2001 coup where, if you need reminding, the Patriot Act was hurried through congress after US Army weaponized anthrax showed up on the desks of the key congressional leaders who were slowing it down.

I'm not sure that there is a case in history whereby once a police state structure is put in place it is removed by any means other than the collapse of the society.

Obama and the surviving members of the Bush/Clinton organized crime family all deserve scorn for doing the ongoing bidding of the permanent government but GWB deserves a special place.

You know, the Roman Republic didn't just fall one day when Caesar crossed the Rubicon, there were obviously decades of decay in the social consensus and worth recalling that he was welcomed by jubilant crowds when he entered Rome.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Dumb question, but how much of the 'meddling' of the US, was done under the guise of what was best for the League of Nations, or the UN, and not the best interests of the US?

I can think of a UN 'Police action', that still has US troops there, 40+ years later.

Samnospam
Advisor

I can't think of any, we generally just take the in along for legitimacy. Kosovo maybe?