cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

the dembaggers

I think the dems have hit on a new play in their play book...I hate Obama more than you do. They deserve their own term, we'll refer to them as the dembaggers.

snip-

Some Democrats on the campaign trail have hit upon a winning campaign tactic: Run against President Obama and his agenda -- especially the health care overhaul.

Democrat Mark Critz railed against the Obama administration's health care reforms while campaigning in his western Pennsylvania district -- and was easily elected to the House.

In West Virginia, Democratic stalwart Rep. Alan B. Mollohan, who voted against an administration-backed energy bill last year, was defeated in his primary after his challenger accused him of not having enough disdain for the measure that was wildly unpopular in his home district. He also was hammered for supporting health care reform.

Rep. Joe Sestak, in Pennsylvania's Democratic Senate primary, challenged the White-House-endorsed five-term incumbent, Sen. Arlen Specter, and was rewarded with a cushy eight percentage-point win.

While other factors and issues played key roles in Democratic primaries and special elections this year, shunning -- or even rebuking -- the White House so far has helped Democrats

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/may/21/anti-obama-tack-buoys-some-democrats/

5 Replies
Advisor

Re: the dembaggers

Net result of that may be that in the event that some of them would win you would naturally have more people in Cngress that you could be less disdainful of. Hah!!

I'm sure then that we can expect your support of those "new and improved Democrats", can we not? Heck, there might be a whole caucus of little Joe Leibermans and Ben Nelsons and Zell Millers and Collin Petersons.

I think, however, that  you are probably missing the biggest factors involved in Democrats expressing their disappointmetnt with the President.

And there is also the possibilty that it's all just a settup. Sorta like the Compassionate Conservative who ran for the Whitehouse in 2000, with **bleep** Cheney at his side.

Senior Advisor

Will you vote for a dembagger Bruce? Will you support a smaller dembagger government? After all, it is good coming from a dem isn't it?

Advisor

Those are, actually, the sort of Democrats that I tend to support. Got one representing my Congressional District ,as we speak.

It's the "other" kind, the that you don't like and tha tI generally don't trust that have prompted me to vote more often for the Republican than the Democrat for Governor of my State.

Proud to say that I didn't, though, for this last clown...Pawlenty...who is very, very likely to be your Tea Party/GOP hybrid Presidential nominee in a coule of years.

Senior Advisor

I won't work Mr. 20. I'm not troubled even in the least that you have chosen to name us. WE did have the courtesy to let the teabaggers name themselves.  Now that your mind is in the gutter you want to walk away from it.

Senior Advisor

Mr Kraft, I don't consider you a dembagger, you are liberal, admit it, and are proud of it. I like your honesty. I disagree with you on most subjects but I respect you for honestly stating where you think the country should head. The term dembaggers are for those who run as Democrats but bash Obama's policies.