cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

the democrats' huge problem

http://www.salon.com/2015/10/20/the_democratic_party_is_in_deep_trouble_the_big_question_that_bernie...

Sure, there's a democrat in the WH- primarily because of the 8 year run of the worst president since Harding 2000-2008 (if you are among the large majority who aren't government contractors/privatizers and landowners.) A man who, by the way, captured the calculated ignorance and obliviousness of Being There.

But anyway, the rest of the ballot is a disaster for Dems and I don't see that changing. At all levels, the economy is shrinking for 98% and people are in no mood to particupate in any public investment- in fact they're quite susceptible to all sorts of scams and schemes that turn over former public reponsibilities to political cronies in a multitude of privatization schemes (perpetual warfare incuded).

There seems an inevitability to the downward trajectory here. But I guess a utopia for the John Galts among us.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: the democrats' huge problem

@hardnox wrote:

http://www.salon.com/2015/10/20/the_democratic_party_is_in_deep_trouble_the_big_question_that_bernie...

Sure, there's a democrat in the WH- primarily because of the 8 year run of the worst president since Harding 2000-2008 (if you are among the large majority who aren't government contractors/privatizers and landowners.) A man who, by the way, captured the calculated ignorance and obliviousness of Being There.

But anyway, the rest of the ballot is a disaster for Dems and I don't see that changing. At all levels, the economy is shrinking for 98% and people are in no mood to particupate in any public investment- in fact they're quite susceptible to all sorts of scams and schemes that turn over former public reponsibilities to political cronies in a multitude of privatization schemes (perpetual warfare incuded).

There seems an inevitability to the downward trajectory here. But I guess a utopia for the John Galts among us.

In other words Obama and the Almighty Big Government progressive liberals have been a complete and total failure. Nothing changed and there is no hope.

Highlighted
Advisor

I suppose there are a few prepper types who would prosper if the current complexities of the world were eliminated, although I bet that most have way overinvested in munitions compared to other useful items.

But for most, they wouldn't last much longer than the rest of us if they were successful in going Taliban and rolling back modernity. They'd probably get to sport a really cool Taliban/Duck Dynasty beard for a while, though.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Since "opinions" seem to reign on here this morning (and always), mine is that you are very wrong when you say "...worse president since Harding!"  I won't say he is the best but he is better than every republican since Eisenhower!

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

If the fix wasn`t already in for Jeb, you Dems if you had a brain in your heads would rally around ...Jim Webb.  He was the only one on stage not completely insane at the debate.  The masses are waking up and it will be Republican in 2016, unfornunately the Bilderbergers are using that Big-Mo to put Jeb one of their own in.

I didn`t watch the Dem debate, but here`s the SNL version which I`m sure is better.

Smiley Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfmwGAd1L-o