cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: BA - Just like Fox News

@KNAPPer wrote:

The fact that the Tsarnaevs did acquire illegal arms (one of them tried legally, but he was not 21) and use them and that there is no giant pursuit of more firearms legislation as a result is the point of my reply to BA. He sounded worried about how it would impact him if the Tsarnaevs had guns, and they did. Criminals will always find ways to break the law, but that's no reason not to have laws.

That's your argument isn't it? People are going to break the law, so why have a law....

My argument is the second amendment was put into the Constitution so that a free people could defend themselves. The terrorist had illegal guns. The law abiding new to be able to purchase guns and ammunition so they can defend against those who do not abide by the law.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Its apparent that some people do not aspire to remain free, and are content to be sheep. How else do you explain why they want to give up their hard won 2nd amendment rights in America?

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Sorry, I just don't get why you, BA and 3020 are trying to turn this whole incident into a second amendment issue when it has not been one or even portrayed as one. It has however been a terrorism issue, but you guys all bring up the second amendment? The Tsarnaevs had guns and no one is talking about it to any degree of importance or trying to hang up second amanment rights. Maybe you will get your wish sooner or later and it will become a point. That seems to be what you want...or fear - can't really tell which, LOL!

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Look Knapper, in these paragraph or 2 posts we can`t go into minute detaile, especially if you are being mildly entertaining.  So a person needs to reply if there`s a need for clarity...which I am.  I don`t go to Fox`s web site or watch Fox news(although I should, they have leggy blondes Smiley Wink)  I get my news from ABC and CBS, I occassionally link to a Fox story on here that I saw else where on the net.

The entire week before the senate gun vote, we had on CBS in the morning and first thing Charlie Rose and Nora ODonnell would spend 15 minutes "interviewing" a pro guncontrol guest.."can 0bama get this passed? will the house pass this? how are the Newtown families being received?" blah blah blah it was just a big free commercial favoring gun control.  ABC was the same way though not quite as bad, Golodryga and Amy Robot were about in tears that "meaningful" gun confiscation wasn`t being performed.

Yes, inded the brothers had gun when they robbed the 7/11 and had a shoot-out, they also threw bombs too.  Like Red and 3020 were saying essentially the toughest laws in the land of Massachusetts didn`t prevent them from getting guns. IF...the terrorist brothers had AK-47s with 40rd banana clips, the politicans and "news"casters would`ve hammered that to death...and you know damned well they would`ve.

I heard Rep Steve King this morning on WHO saying he`ll put the kabotchs to "meaningful" immigration reform because of this bombing...I hope to hell he does!   That is the one thing that would`ve prevented the Boston bombing, is a closed door "immigration" policy.  We`re full up!  No more room!  Uncle Sam doesn`t have anymore tltties! The fire marshal will shut us down! Smiley Happy 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

As I just said and bears saying at least once more:  If those brother shot up the Marathon with a AK-47 with a 40 rd clip the commies in the media and Sow Feinstein, would be allll over that and you know it!

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Respectfully, I believe you have come to the wrong conclusion. We don't want to give up any of our freedoms. Quite the contrary. The fact is most of us fear an overly armed american public more than we fear an obtrusive government. WE think the notion to revolt against our republic is ludicrous and should there need to be any replacement done, the strongest weapon is the ballot box and not the firearm.

While you may think there is a vast majority that will assist you in righting the wrongs with armed force, you are completely in the minority and those of us the believe in our republic will oppose you and we have the US armed services on our side. You would have a small fraction of the support that the south had during the civil war and you would be brought to your knees in a short time. There is no logic in thinking a few gun bearinfg americans would be able to contest the might of the US armed forces. You been watching too much Rambo, dirty Harry and Chuck Norris. Your living ian a far different world than was the rebels of the 1860's

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I think our immigration policy may have to be changed for people who originate from known terrorist countries, if that's any colsolation to you. BTW - I seldom if ever watch network news. I'd rather watch Family Fued or Big Bang Theory.

That won't solve our firearms problems however. Watching Big Bang might.....

r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

Sorry, I just don't get why you, BA and 3020 are trying to turn this whole incident into a second amendment issue when it has not been one or even portrayed as one. It has however been a terrorism issue, but you guys all bring up the second amendment? The Tsarnaevs had guns and no one is talking about it to any degree of importance or trying to hang up second amanment rights. Maybe you will get your wish sooner or later and it will become a point. That seems to be what you want...or fear - can't really tell which, LOL!

Knapper, it's not us trying to make this into a gun issue. Just like it was not us that turned New Town into a gun issue.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

I think we should have an open door immigration policy for workers that have money and want to earn more and shut the door on those that are not going to contribute.

Its a cold world.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

And you think that was inappropriate?  The truth of the matter is that people would not pursue gun legislation if you gun nuts would quit killing people. You say your not a killer? Well you're not, not yet.  Any gun owner is not a murderer until he is. Ywo weeks ago the two bombers were not killers yet but see how soon they can change? Same as the dude that lives next door to you and to me. Fine fellows and great neighbors until they flip out and start to blaze away at you or me.

I thinkit odd that you righties are so afraid of Iran becoming an nuclear power but think it is stupid that people are afraid of the gun toting nut next door that are a hundred times as likely tombw blown away by gun fire as they are to be nuked by Iran or North korea.