cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Re: BA & 3020

There is unfortunately only one outcome to all of this and I don't wish it, but I can tell you what it will be. Look at Europe. For the most part, only rich people own firearms because of the high taxes and permits associated with ownership - not to mention access to land on which to hunt or shoot (which conservatives would like to eliminate in government cuts - no reason to have federal lands - should all be private). This is all coming down the pike sooner or later. Unfortunately, there are irresponsible people who will screw it up for all of us sooner or later. More and more laws will be passed unless you can change human nature and our violent tendencies when it comes to deadly weapons. No matter how you look at it, sooner or later, the people will decide that the right to keep and bear arms will fall to the abuse of firearms.

I don't like it. I don't want it. I don't advocate it, but people are not the same as when I grew up (born late 50s). People who own guns are sometimes itching to pull the trigger and not at a firing range or a paper target like when I was a lad. Fewer and fewer people hunt and the open and free federal lands we all enjoy for hunting and shooting are under scrutiny.

The question is not whether the constitution will be changed, but how long it will be before it is changed and when it happens, it will be because most agree that common people should not have access to guns because all they do with them is kill and commit crimes.

Like I said, I am not for it and I hate the idea. I'm just telling you what will happen sooner or later.

Possibly, if we could do something to control the access to firearms to protecting our homes and families and hunting (while not doing away with federal hunting lands - only rich people and land owners, friends and family hunt on private land), just possibly we could retain some rights. As of now, we are on the European plan for the future.

UNIranch
Senior Contributor

Re: BA - Just like Fox News

good question Snooky....you and I know the answer to that....THEY HAVE NO DEBATE FOR IT!!!!...just like Lobotomies...cant debate that...

r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

There is unfortunately only one outcome to all of this and I don't wish it, but I can tell you what it will be. Look at Europe. For the most part, only rich people own firearms because of the high taxes and permits associated with ownership - not to mention access to land on which to hunt or shoot (which conservatives would like to eliminate in government cuts - no reason to have federal lands - should all be private). This is all coming down the pike sooner or later. Unfortunately, there are irresponsible people who will screw it up for all of us sooner or later. More and more laws will be passed unless you can change human nature and our violent tendencies when it comes to deadly weapons. No matter how you look at it, sooner or later, the people will decide that the right to keep and bear arms will fall to the abuse of firearms.

I don't like it. I don't want it. I don't advocate it, but people are not the same as when I grew up (born late 50s). People who own guns are sometimes itching to pull the trigger and not at a firing range or a paper target like when I was a lad. Fewer and fewer people hunt and the open and free federal lands we all enjoy for hunting and shooting are under scrutiny.

The question is not whether the constitution will be changed, but how long it will be before it is changed and when it happens, it will be because most agree that common people should not have access to guns because all they do with them is kill and commit crimes.

Like I said, I am not for it and I hate the idea. I'm just telling you what will happen sooner or later.

Possibly, if we could do something to control the access to firearms to protecting our homes and families and hunting (while not doing away with federal hunting lands - only rich people and land owners, friends and family hunt on private land), just possibly we could retain some rights. As of now, we are on the European plan for the future.

If our right to keep and bear arms fall to the elite so will all of the rest of our rights. Do you see why we fight tooth and nail to retain that right? As BA said "God bless the NRA".

UNIranch
Senior Contributor

Re: The Leader of the Pack

Might want to look into how the LAWS ON THE BOOKS and those reponsible for enforcing them have been kneecapped by the NRA!!!.....

My 4 cents...

UNIranch
Senior Contributor

Re: OFF THE CLIFF

3020...your leaving the hen house in the charge of the wolves....BRILLIANT!!!!

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

No, God has nothing to do with this. The NRA is lame and unhelpful except to the firearms industry. They care little about your rights. They care about sales and money and make you believe otherwise. No money and you would get no help from them.

I don't buy domino theories, but I do believe in our right to keep and bear arms and the law.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

No, God has nothing to do with this. The NRA is lame and unhelpful except to the firearms industry. They care little about your rights. They care about sales and money and make you believe otherwise. No money and you would get no help from them.

I don't buy domino theories, but I do believe in our right to keep and bear arms and the law.

Post some evidence.

hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Re: BA - Just like Fox News

The page their on is the fear of being primaried by the likes of NRA anf grover norquist. 

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: that goes to libs

sent 2500 cops- armored vehicles and 1000s of weapons to get one wounded teen --now that is fear !!! and libs are the most afraid of any one

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: care to explain how ???

be interesting