Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: the problem for the Greenwaldites

πŸ‘

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Give credit where credit is due

You still can not understand our system of government. Either poor teaching or poor comprehension. Under our system the states have the power not granted to the federal government as established by the Constitution. To win you have to win in enough states to win the electoral votes to become president. Our system is set up to protect the rights of the states because our founding fathers believed the people at the local level could much better determine what is best for them not some monarch 1,ooos of miles a way.

Highlighted
Advisor

I imagine that there are a lot of conservatives in California, New York, and even Minnesota that don't vote thinking their electoral votes are going to the bad guys no matter what they do. 

Personally I think we should go further on the electoral system and give each county an electoral vote. If people want to cluster in cities, fine, let them, but this way they would not dictate to the majority of the land mass. Probably would stop a lot of the breeding there, too, as a lot of the free stuff would quickly dry up.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I think I understand your system but why does it bother you so much when I point out more voters chose Clinton?  Does your system where the minority rules over the majority bother you?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

So you think that land owners should choose your representatives and not all people? that is not democratic.

I thought that was what the rebels kicked the British out of what is now your country for.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

It really doesn't bother us that you don't actually understand.  It just gets tiresome that you keep bringing it up, as though it means something, when it doesn't.  The electoral college itself was a compromise between election of our President by Congress or election of our President by direct popular vote, neither of which were considered acceptable for various reasons.  And, much the same arguments as used 200+ years ago would still apply today.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Doesn't appear to me that anyone said anything about 'land owners', except for you.

Aside from that, have you read our Declaration of Independence?

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/declaration-transcript

You choose your leadership your way -- we'll choose our leadership our way.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

(I think I understand your system but why does it bother you so much when I point out more voters chose Clinton?)

Those 3 million votes & $9 would get Hillary the Taylor Swift - 2 bony thighs, 2 small breasts, and a left wing - special at KFC

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Why does it bother you soo much when I point out the fact that it's the majority of the states that rule? And why can't you understand that Trump won the majority of states. The popular vote is as meaningless as your majesty the queen. It is either ignorance or poor comprehension. The popular doesn't win the election in our country. It is the popular vote from a majority of states. If Clinton won the election she would live in the white house. She lost so she doesn't. She won the popular vote but the voters in a majority of states rejected her.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

The popular doesn't win the election in our country

So why do you jump in every time I say that and claim I do not understand that FACT.

Glad you finally said what I keep pointing out.