cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

think this through

Extremely contagious - Cant get to herd immunity.

Good news is sweden thinks it's at 25%. 

13 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: think this through

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

So,

Extremely contagious - can't build herd immunity. Is that not a contradiction?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

That's Stockholm, but it is interesting that it is similar to NYC, which began sooner.

Scientific caution dictated that the herd immunity was a risky strategy until more was known about the general immune response. While they're getting closer on that, I think there's still a need for some caution.

But anyway, herd immunity comes at nature. a high cost and Sweden appears to be rethinking the wisdom of the strategy- it will be for the voters there to decide.

But libertari-tards are going to argue just to argue no matter what. It is a matter of constitutional- small c- perversity of nature.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

If there is no vaccine, which is a long way out at best, herd immunity is all you've got.  And at this point zero reason to think that can't happen.

So let el cheaps know, all those young kids out having a good time, that have next to no risk from the virus, are doing him a huge favor. 

Instead of driving around, wondering though stores so he can see what people are buying, and making up stories about quarantines, he should hide at home till this passes. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Polling sorta suggests that Grandma ain't pleased- the breakdown on the shift of elderly voters away from Dennison trends female, even given that they're a solid majority of that cohort anyway.

That was always a matter of some fascination to me although I suppose my view of our elderly ladies being kind of a repository of our moral discernment isn't all that accurate.

Maybe the days of giving a vile, crude stinking man a pass because "he has such nice children" is past. They saw that on TV but might be rethinking what they see with their own eyes?

Although I guess if you can keep 'em from voting absentee and have a second wave in full force maybe we'll test their mettle.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Sheltering in place won`t pay Granny`s $9,000/month nursing home bill, she`d better think about that in her voting equation.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

You think she gets Stormy payoffs?

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Her kids that sign the monthly checks might not be able to swing it after 2 months of watching reruns of Ellen and Twitch dancing and the family business goes to pot for being shut down.