cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: keep everybody equal

I think your problem is , Red, that you think any improvement that benefits the poor is undeserved. That your wealth and my weath are deserved because of our efforts and ingenuity. The truth is you thnk low income folks deserve their conditions because of their lack of effort or ingenuity. Also you think that any advancement in their lives is a gift to the bottom fedders because the certainly don't deserve it. I guess mere existance doesn't qualify you to any of the advantages of our society. Example:your insistance that those of low income shouldn't vote.

That is your admission that poor americans are not qualified for citizenship. They don't deserve the right to vote or even to voice their opinion. And of course business has no requirement to pay a living wage. After ll this is america a capitlist nation and ifthe market decides that labor is worth $1 per hour, then by gawd they are not entitled to anything more.

So is it fair to say you are more a capitalist than a christian? That you don't look at an employee as an asset as someone of worth but a commodity that you should be able to buy as the capitalist market determines. So obviously, you do think that earnings that the lower class take home is actually a gift and certainly not earned. Thanks to the generousity of the employer.

I notice that so many local restuarants have an innovative new addition. They are so helpful on their billing methods. They take the gross total of their bill of say $100.  We suggest that your tip should be 22%= $22 or 20%= $20 or 15% = $15.   There is no mention that the company should increase the pay of their valued employees but we as customers do have the responsibility to show our gratitude. Why do they think I owe their employees a raise but they don't?

Workers are selling their labor. Their time and their efforts but they must allow business to determine their value and you automatomatically assume that they really don't deserve what they are already getting because your religion (capitalism) has the final say.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Just an observation

I wonder if the credit card option dropped from the scene how that would impact the cost of labor throughout our economy. The consumer is using the credit option to dance from one paycheck to the next. Most are gradually but most certainly obtaining more and more debt because the paycheks will not support a standard of living.

BTW,to set the record straight we use acredit card constantly butin th east decade wehave not paid a  nickle in credit card interest. So the convenience of credit cards is well appreciated within our family. But substituting debt in exchange for an increased income is a poor choice. I wonder how many employers are conscious of the value of credit cards in keeping their cost of labor low?

Highlighted
Advisor

should these panhandlers be qualified as citizens?  http://www.fox19.com/story/30762543/man-vs-panhandlers-who-refused-his-job-offer

I think they should be arrested. Kudos to the guy that offered them a job and for what he did afterwards.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I think your problem Donny, it's very simple, is that you think the govenment can somehow help the poor.

Highlighted
Advisor

Got this off Wikipedia 

In the United States, with certain exceptions, individuals and corporations pay income tax on the net total of all their capital gains. Short-term capital gains are taxed at a higher rate: the ordinary income tax rate. The tax rate for individuals on "long-term capital gains", which are gains on assets that have been held for over one year before being sold, is lower than the ordinary income tax rate, and in some tax brackets there is no tax due on such gains. The tax rate on long-term gains was reduced in 1997 via the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 from 28% to 20% and again in 2003, via the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003, from 20% to 15% for individuals whose highest tax bracket is 15% or more, or from 10% to 5% for individuals in the lowest two income tax brackets (whose highest tax bracket is less than 15%) (See progressive tax). The reduced 15% tax rate on eligible dividends and capital gains, previously scheduled to expire in 2008, was extended through 2010 as a result of the Tax Increase Prevention and Reconciliation Act signed into law by President Bush on 17 May 2006, which also reduced the 5% rate to 0%.[48] Toward the end of 2010, President Obama signed a law extending the reduced rate on eligible dividends until the end of 2012.

The law allows for individuals to defer capital gains taxes with tax planning strategies such as the structured sale (ensured installment sale), charitable trust (CRT), installment sale, private annuity trust, and a 1031 exchange. The United States, unlike almost all other countries, taxes its citizens (with some exceptions [49]) on their worldwide income no matter where in the world they reside. U.S. citizens therefore find it difficult to take advantage of personal tax havens. Although there are some offshore bank accounts that advertise as tax havens, U.S. law requires reporting of income from those accounts, and willful failure to do so constitutes tax evasion.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Yes I think government can.

One way might be to keep the affluant from taking advantage of the peasant class. In other words forcing them to pay enough for  whole loaf of bread instead of a bun or a half loaf.

Capitalism has no conscience. So when you pick your religion choose wisely.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Your point is?

And how much of that capital gains income is subject to SS and fica taxes. You and I pay 15% on such taxes. Are we the only group that a should share in burden of assisting the elderly, the sick, frail and hungry?

Highlighted
Advisor

My point is that's the law and now days the laws favor the rich and the bunch of clowns in washington that sold common people like you and me down the river. It doesn't matter if they are democrats or republicians--they sold us out. We need to vote them all out!

My honest opinion is though is it's too late- The country as we knew it is gone and will never be back to what it was. And that is our fault for letting them do it.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@OKdon wrote:

Your point is?

And how much of that capital gains income is subject to SS and fica taxes. You and I pay 15% on such taxes. Are we the only group that a should share in burden of assisting the elderly, the sick, frail and hungry?

And how much of those dollars go towards making some man look like he is a girl? Plus he gets disability on top of that.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

50 years of the war on poverty and what do we have?  More poverty.  Seems obvious to me the government has lost the war.