cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wehav
Senior Contributor

this should bother both right and left

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/09/policing-for-profit-lawmakers-advocates-raise-alarm-at-gr... 

"Civil forfeiture is when police and prosecutors seize property, cars or cash from someone they suspect of wrongdoing. It differs from criminal forfeiture cases, where prosecutors typically must prove a person is guilty or reach a settlement before freezing funds or selling property. In civil forfeiture, authorities don’t have to prove guilt, file charges or obtain a conviction before seizing private property. Critics say it is a process ripe for abuse, and one which leaves citizens little means of fighting back.

“You breed a culture of 'take first, ask questions later,'” Larry Salzman, an attorney with the Institute for Justice, told FoxNews.com. “It’s thuggish behavior.” "

25 Replies
rawhide
Advisor

Re: this should bother both right and left

the only way it bothers the left is because it's fox news wehav and it's automatically a lie. they won't read it because they have been programmed not to.

bruce MN
Advisor

That s total bullshilt. The only place that you will find active organizations that will actually advocate for and defend people thus deprived is on the left.  The right just uses situations ike this to vent about the afulness of everything 

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Jerk response!

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

The tight relationship between a controlling Central Powers and the mega Banks/Corporate Moguls (Zionists) is obvious. Eighty years ago we saw this growing in Europe and had to fight a world war to snuff it out. Well, we did not snuff it out,it just changed players and location. We now see a new concentration of modern-era Nazis running the government in America. Even those in the democrat party are waking up to this fact.
r3020
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

That s total bullshilt. The only place that you will find active organizations that will actually advocate for and defend people thus deprived is on the left.  The right just uses situations ike this to vent about the afulness of everything 

The left of today is in total support of the State.

rawhide
Advisor

so is your third tag line. i guess that means we're both jerksSmiley Very Happy

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

That sounds like a logical reason. Why do you listen to them?

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Theleft of today does not see the state as our enemy. The state is nothing more than you and me electing representatives working in our behalf. I don't win all the time and you don't either.

Your problem is that you don't get your way all the time and you want to discard all legislation that don't suit you.

wehav
Senior Contributor

bruce that was kind of funny

Bruce your post was a little funny.  The ACLU is definitely a left wing organization and when I did a Google search for "organizations that defend property rights"  the ACLU wasn't on the first page.  Nor were any organizations that had a left wing direction.  I think you may be a little confused, the left has a history of taking private property and redistributing it.  My left/right was a comment to those who are voters of left and right.  There are many left voters living right wing lives and own property but mistakenly believe that the left will fix the inequalities that the left creates.  Silly, but that's the way many people are.   Take the current administration, they  are propping up Wall Street and banks at the expense of the poor and middle class.  Mr. Obama now is worth millions, just as the Clintons yet so many people believe that these rich leftist are trying to  help the middle class and the poor.  

https://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#q=organizations+that+defend+property+rights