cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: this should bother both right and left

So what you are saying is that if this administration would have taken the result of having won the 08 election as a signal from the voters to go forward and vigorously prosecute the perpetrators of the financial crisis and worked hard to try to get the big banks and Wall Street and The yCity of London owned Congress to initiate reforms that would re-regulate the world of finance that would re-establish all of the safeguards that had been removed over the previous 4 administrations that you be lauding it for it's courage and fortitude. That is what you seem to be saying there near the end of your post. No Summers No Geithner. An AG with balls like Spitzer or Fitzpatrick rather than the timid, establishment friendly Holder?. Set up the Consumer Finance Protection Agency right out of the blocks and put Warren in to head it and looked out for what you say is happening (has been for 30 years)? That you and the rest of the reactionary right would have said "Now here we finally have a real man of the people." Give us a break. You're calling don stupid when you are enough so to try and make us believe that. T
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Have a listen to all the nutters jump to attention at the blame game. Don't they just love some one to bag the left?
rawhide
Advisor

very good

r3020
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:
So what you are saying is that if this administration would have taken the result of having won the 08 election as a signal from the voters to go forward and vigorously prosecute the perpetrators of the financial crisis and worked hard to try to get the big banks and Wall Street and The yCity of London owned Congress to initiate reforms that would re-regulate the world of finance that would re-establish all of the safeguards that had been removed over the previous 4 administrations that you be lauding it for it's courage and fortitude. That is what you seem to be saying there near the end of your post. No Summers No Geithner. An AG with balls like Spitzer or Fitzpatrick rather than the timid, establishment friendly Holder?. Set up the Consumer Finance Protection Agency right out of the blocks and put Warren in to head it and looked out for what you say is happening (has been for 30 years)? That you and the rest of the reactionary right would have said "Now here we finally have a real man of the people." Give us a break. You're calling don stupid when you are enough so to try and make us believe that. T

The answer is more government spending. More government control. Because the answer can only be found in Almighty Big Government. We know this because Almighty Big Government tells us so.

We need more ILLEGAL aliens too. This will help to solve the problem. And let's leave the coal, oil, and gas in the ground. We need government sudsided Chinese windmills.

rawhide
Advisor

well by that post you have just declared yourself a card carrying communist.

the affluent? how 'bout bill clinton-millionaire, nancy pelosei=millionaire, harry reid-wasn't a millionaire until he got into congress, barrack obama-a poor half-black half-white kid from hawaii or indonesia or wherever that went to columbia(expensive), ran for office and is now a millionaire. i could do this all day.

my religion is capitalism? no. do i believe in capitalism? yes  In case you missed it the affluent or the bullies or a combination of both have ruled the world since the beginning of mankind-untiL THE CONSTITUTION OF THE USA was written. as long as we go by it we'll be fine. that's why they are trying to kill it

affluent? i guarantee you sir have a net worth greater than mine so where shall i place you in society for future reference?

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: bruce that was kind of funny

Bruce, I read the New Yorker article in its entireity, and no doubt you found its use of anecdotes offensive, as it showed the personal plights of many, due to health issues, etc, rather than being a clinical piece that focused on facts, and not emotions. I know how anecdotes rile your blood.

Seems like this "Barry Washington" is Denzel Washingtons brother from his "Training Day" days. I have my own second hand stories, and a couple of first hand ones, of local police behavior involving seizures but will not bore anyone with them. But be assured that taking private property is not something you have to go to Texas to find instances of. Anyone that thinks the only ones capable of defending themselves should be licensed police officers is very naive about human nature and the ability of power to corrupt.

Seizing the property of American citizens is offensive without due process, whether they have  accumulated $6000 to buy a used car, or $2 billion dollars to buy a used NBA team. Do we both agree at least on that much?