cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: time to fix the income inequality

I can only give one example of federal versus private.  UPS workers (this was several years ago) retirement is/was $100/mo for every year they worked. I get less than 40% of my salary less the cost of vision insurance.  Had I not retired from the military, health insurance would also be deducted from that.  What that means is that a friend of mine worked 27 years for UPS and I worked 26 for USPS and he gets almost $1000 more per month.  So in this case private sector retirement is much better than federal govt.

Senior Contributor

all those farm subsizdes(salaries) you proudly collect are paid by tax payers...........  just another govt worker

Senior Contributor

Perhaps the logic is too complex for you. In the most simple terms an employee works for his salary. Once he has completed the work the earned income is his, not the government. No different that if you paid an employee the wages due, the money is no longer yours. The employee files a return and and pays the taxes due. It is not your money as it is not the governments money that pays the taxes. It is the earned income of the employee that is taxed.

Veteran Advisor

and if you could have cut the mustard at UPS, you would have that retirement package.

Not sure if I could have either, or not, but I know UPS employees really work and are on a tight ship.

Government workers....not so much.

Veteran Advisor

Urinate up a rope, jackarse!  I never applied for a job with UPS and they never walked any farther than from their truck to the door, they never walked in the rain, snow,ice or heat and humidity to the tune of 8-9 miles a day!  And neither did you.  You're nothing and I do mean NOTHING!!

Veteran Advisor

Truly an idiot has spoken!!

Veteran Advisor

Remove 99% of the farmers and while you are at it, get rid of women, gays, minorities, all religions other than Christian and not even all of them. I spit on you!!! 

Veteran Advisor

Do you figure they had a listing for quick stop stores, farmers, vegetable pickers, house painters, funeral directors, horse trainers, retail clerks,  football coaches, etc????

Veteran Advisor

Don't private sector workers get to add their benefits in to this charade?
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

I can only give one example of federal versus private.  UPS workers (this was several years ago) retirement is/was $100/mo for every year they worked. I get less than 40% of my salary less the cost of vision insurance.  Had I not retired from the military, health insurance would also be deducted from that.  What that means is that a friend of mine worked 27 years for UPS and I worked 26 for USPS and he gets almost $1000 more per month.  So in this case private sector retirement is much better than federal govt.

Sounds like Almighty Big Government needs to tax UPS workers more. Then you can be even.