cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: Above the Law. A Law unto themselves.

resisting arrest. Try it sometime and let us know how it works out for you. Mpst people are not declared guilty of anything until arrested and tried in a court of law. Therefore by your logic the authorities would have proof of guilt to put anyone under arrest,

Horesdh had many weeks to surrender to authorities. As to burning children, you ought to know that the feds did not start the fire.

Veteran Advisor

What about shooting the unarmed wife (Weaver's) of a suspect?

Now, please re-read my last post, I didn't say the feds were guilty of anything, what I said, or was trying to say was that a group of Congressmen, the most vocal one I saw was Schumer, but there could have been others, were decrying the feds as innocent before they heard the evidence.  To me, that is putting them above the law.

Also, the authorities could have nabbed Koresh while he was out on the county road jogging (as he did often, and is what the local Sherriff told them to do) but they instead let him get back to his bunker, where they knew a shootout would ensue.

Advisor

SOMEBODY DOES SOMETHING ABOUT IT, BY GOD!!!

Well, sorta. Blue State deep, deep blue Governor take a stand...and leave a big "out".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/28/texas-tsa-bill-pat-downs_n_885905.html

But good political work on the part of the Texas GOP, nonetheless. Classic down your nose, vieled patronization. The hundreds of thousands of crackers who hardly ever, if ever, fly will see that Gov. Goodhair and the legislature passed something to crack down on "big gubmint", the h#ll with the details. 

Senior Advisor

In one sentence you didn't say the feds were guilty of anything and the next paragraph you say the feds wanted a shoot out.  Your arguing with yourself. Make up your mind.

Veteran Advisor

Re-read what I wrote.  What I said or was trying to say was that it seems not quite right that an unarmed woman who wasn't accused of anything was shot.  In the case of Koresh, why didn't they try to nab him on his daily jog outside the compound instead of letting him get holed up.  The local sherriff is on record of saying that Koresh believed that he would die in a shootout with the government, and wondered why the feds didn't try other tactics.

I am not saying that the feds were wrong, I don't know that they were any more than anyone else knows they were right.

However, the thread was started with the title 'Above the Law', and there were those in Congress who were acting like the feds are/were above the law by claiming the government innocent before evidence was heard.  There are a LOT of holes in the fed's story, as well.  For one thing, they videotaped the whole thing, but 'lost' some of the tapes in evidence.  They also 'lost' the steel double-doors that were at the entrance of the compound.  Wouldn't you at least want to hear the whole story before you declared that nothing funny happened?

Advisor

Operation gunrunner proves emphatically that the government does not feel the law applies to its actions.